These Zucchini Hummus Veggie Burgers are super simple to prepare with only a few ingredients. Then topped with all your favorite burger toppings for a healthier way to switch up burger night(Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan option).
Hi and I hope everyone has enjoyed a relaxing kind of weekend and is ready for the new week!
And while this is not your traditional burger recipe, I think you’re going love these Zucchini Hummus Veggie Burgers!
Cause guess what guys….They’re good for you and taste awesome!
Plus you can pile them HIGH with all of your favorite toppings. Just making them all drool worthy.
Whether it be slaw, tomatoes, onions or cheese. What’s your favorites?
Since coleslaw is one of my favorite burger toppings I’ve topped these with lots of slaw, tomato and cheese.
So burger night really can be Healthy-ish and even more fun with these zucchini fries!
Okay, so you see where I’m going with this…Zucchini, zucchini and more zucchini….so good and so many ways to prepare it.
So if you’ve got some zucchini sitting in the fridge right now Why not make it into the form of these tasty little burgers.
And just tell the FAM that it’s burger night only in a new healthier way..double stacked cause it’s veggies.
Because who doesn’t love the double stacked burgers.
Little confession here, double cheese burgers from good ole McDonald’s used to be my all time favorite.
Bet I consumed more of those as a teenager than I care to count. Mainly out of convenience of the drive-thru but also cause they were just soooo good.
Then fast forward a few hundred years..haha! Veggie burgers double stacked.
So if you’re looking for more tasty ways to use zucchini along with these Zucchini Hummus Veggie Burgers here are some below….
- Mexican Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagana
- Cheesy Baked Zucchini Breadsticks
- Zucchini Cauliflower Pie
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Zucchini Hummus Veggie Burgers
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas*
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup gluten free sprouted oat flour
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile rinse zucchini cut off ends and grate with box grater.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as you can with hands and then lay between paper towels or can use clean kitchen towel to dry.
- Rinse chickpeas and place in food processor with chopped onion, smashed garlic cloves, tahini, and lemon juice
- Pulse until combined to a smooth consistency.
- Put dried zucchini in large mixing bowl with chickpea mixture.
- Add egg, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, oat flour, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop place equal portions on baking sheet and press down into shape of burgers.
- Cook in preheated oven 30 minutes flipping once during cooking.
*you can use canned chickpeas or dried chickpeas you've cooked.
I've tried them both ways and prefer making my chickpeas from dried beans.
If using canned make sure to rinse them first.