Classic Dill Pickle Egg Salad is creamy, simple to prepare and goes great on a sandwich or wrap. Also the perfect addition for BBQ’s and gatherings(Gluten Free and Vegetarian).
Hellooo my Friends!!!
Do you guys ever just feel like the week is kind of dragging by.
Pitter, patter, pitter, pattering along!
Well that’s kind of been my week in a nutshell! Slow and steady but Friday can’t seem to arrive soon enough.
So sometimes when I’m having one of those weeks I can’t help but resort to some of my favorite EASY recipes like this Classic Dill Pickle Egg Salad!
And since pickles are just the all time perfect food, I’m always looking for ways to incorporate them into recipes..this egg salad and also this are on the top of my easy, tasty list.
So bring on the weekend with some easy make ahead food and oh maybe a few cold drinks!
Cause that’s what the weekends are for! Re-charging the batteries with a little food, drink, and good ole Natural Vitamin D!
And with it also being Mothers Day weekend, this would be the perfect addition for the Moms day brunch!
Nothing says love like a tasty picnic lunch and a good bottle of wine…Yeah, I think Mom would love that for sure.
Even though flowers are nice…the way to every ladies heart is to cook for them.
So any of you gentlemen that may be reading this, surprise your lady with some tasty treats…and it doesn’t need to be difficult.
This Classic Dill Pickle Egg Salad is pretty much a winner for most and on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy to prepare…I’d give it a 2.
So Yes, I think you can do this. Wine, Food, Flowers all in the order of priority!
And make this a relaxing Mom Day weekend no matter who you may be celebrating!
And adding some of these sides to the menu, along with Classic Dill Pickle Egg Salad, then you are sure to please the lady in your life…
- Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Orange Cinnamon Mimosa
- Greek Style Cauliflower Salad
Classic Dill Pickle Egg Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 3 dill pickle spears
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed*
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put eggs in large sauce pan and cover eggs by about 2 inches of water.
- Bring eggs to rolling boil and let boil about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover
- Let stand covered about 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and rinse with cold water**
- Peel eggs and chop into chunks and place in large serving bowl.
- Add chopped dill pickle spears and finely diced celery.
- Meanwhile in small bowl combine softened cream cheese, mayo, ACV, garlic powder, dill weed, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour over egg mixture and gently combine.
- Can be stored in fridge covered for up to 5 days.
**once I drain and rinse the eggs with cold water I place ice cubes in the cold water with the eggs for a few minutes and I've found this makes it much easier to peel them.
Happy Moms Day to all the lovely ladies out there!