This Zucchini Pie is loaded with fresh zucchini, cauliflower and cheese. It's the perfect easy to prepare pie that you can actually eat for dinner. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
So what's not to love about a pie..But seriously guys this Zucchini Cauliflower Pie is sooo good you're going probably want to have leftovers for the next day...or two.
Zucchini pie recipe
I'm all about Zucchini the past couple of months. I've been trying to come up with as many different ways to use it just cause it's one of my favorites.
So eating it in the form of a pie sounded perfect!
And you'd be surprised how versatile they are and how many different ways you can prepare them.
I guess probably the most unique creation I made with Zucchini was a hot dog.
Being a vegetarian and not eating gluten I really hadn't experienced one in a while. So sad, I know Right?
And I can honestly tell you that the textures and flavors worked out great.
Hot dogs back on the menu topped with all the goodies<----Slaw, onions, and Dijon mustard always a must.
What's really weird is back in my hot dog eating days..long, long, ago.. I don't remember eating much zucchini.
Guess many things are always changing in our lives and I've accepted most of it graciously or at least I think I have.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Zucchini Cauliflower Pie (Gluten Free)
- 1 ½ tbsp butter divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. basil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup half & half cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheese I used Monterey Jack cheese and pepper jack
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Gluten free tortilla wrap
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and butter pie pan with ½ tbsp. butter
- Place tortilla wrap on bottom of pie plate.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes
- Add sliced zucchini, cauliflower florets, salt & pepper, and basil. Cook 8-10 minutes till slightly tender.
- In separate mixing bowl combine eggs, half & half and cheese and combine well.
- Pour egg mixture on top of wrap, then zucchini and cauliflower.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.