Zucchini Cauliflower Pie is loaded with fresh zucchini, cauliflower and cheese. It’s the perfect easy to prepare pie that you can actually eat for dinner. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
So what’s not to love about a pie..But seriously guys this Zucchini Cauliflower Pie is sooo good you’re going probably want to have leftovers for the next day…or two.
I’m all about Zucchini the past couple of months. I’ve been trying to come up with as many different ways to use it just cause it’s one of my favorites. You’d be surprised how versatile they are and how many different ways you can prepare them.
I guess probably the most unique creation I made with Zucchini was a hot dog. Being a vegetarian and not eating gluten I really hadn’t experienced one in a while. So sad, I know Right?
And I can honestly tell you that the textures and flavors worked out great. Hot dogs back on the menu topped with all the goodies<—-Slaw, onions, and Dijon mustard always a must.
What’s really weird is back in my hot dog eating days..long, long, ago.. I don’t remember eating much zucchini.
Guess many things are always changing in our lives and I’ve accepted most of it graciously or at least I think I have…Of course they’re have been those days when things were not going exactly as planned and I may have gotten just a tad bit Whiny!
Okay, maybe a little more than a tad bit some days. Haha! But I’ll try not to share most of it in this little space cause I know we all have frustrating days 🙁 Mine usually revolve around computer technicalities that I don’t have a clue about or recipe flops.
I guess it could be worse, Right? One thing I can say for sure is definitely talk about your frustrations…get it all out there..you can even talk to me if you want. I love to know your reading this and enjoying some of these recipes 🙂
Also, you can like me on Facebook if you enjoy seeing all these posts 🙂
- 1½ tbsp butter divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 1½ cups cauliflower florets
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. basil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup half & half cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheese(I used Monterey Jack cheese and pepper jack)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Gluten free tortilla wrap
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and butter pie pan with ½ tbsp. butter
- Place tortilla wrap on bottom of pie plate.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes
- Add sliced zucchini, cauliflower florets, salt & pepper, and basil. Cook 8-10 minutes till slightly tender.
- In separate mixing bowl combine eggs, half & half and cheese and combine well.
- Pour egg mixture on top of wrap, then zucchini and cauliflower.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.