Cheesy Cauliflower Bake chocked full of roasted cauliflower, mushrooms, and onions. And then topped with red marinara sauce & gooey melty cheese. It's an easy delicious lower carb dinner everyone will love. Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Easy.
I'm going start by saying Italian dishes have always been one of my major weaknesses...
Especially since I could easily eat them almost every day of the week.
But since I really didn't want all the carb overload, I had to come up with other alternatives.
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake..
All of these recipes have the Italian flavors I crave without all the carbs!
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
So you'll see that I like to keep it really simple by using a jarred marinara sauce.
And I always make sure to buy a marinara sauce that's Organic without any added sugar.
Since tomatoes are naturally sweet, added sugar is not necessary.
How to make this...
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
The parchment paper is optional but makes for easier clean up.
Then break the cauliflower into bite sized florets and add to a mixing bowl, with olive oil and seasonings.
Combine well and spread cauliflower onto lined baking sheet and roast in preheated oven.
Once roasted remove from oven and combine with the mushrooms & onions and continue to roast.
Place roasted veggies in a large casserole dish and top with remaining ingredients
Lower heat and bake in preheated oven till bubbly and starting to brown.
Other lower carb recipes...
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake (Gluten-Free, Easy)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 7-8 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 25 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Break cauliflower into florets and put in medium mixing bowl. Coat with olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven on baking sheet about 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and place back in mixing bowl. Add mushrooms, onions and give a quick toss.
- Place back on baking sheet and cook 10 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and place cauliflower mixture into casserole dish. Top with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and dash of red chili pepper flakes.
- Bake 30 minutes until bubbly. Remove and let sit 10 minutes prior to serving.
Updated- originally posted March 2016, updated December 2017