This Zucchini Noodles recipe comes together quickly with only a handful of fresh ingredients. A healthy delicious meal perfect for busy weeknights. Gluten-free, Healthy, Easy.
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is one of my favorite summer time meals...
Mainly cause it's quick to prepare on the stovetop, delicious, and fun to make and eat!
Especially since turning vegetables into noodles somehow makes them even more appealing to serve and eat.
And this Ramen soup recipe is also a favorite of ours to make using zoodles.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI NOODLES
The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is with a spiralizer and I recommend this spiralizer!
If you don't have a spiralizer then you can thinly shave the zucchini and then cut into long matchstick strips.
I highly recommend owning a spiralizer since they can save you a lot of time.
And you can easily spiralize most any vegetable.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Zucchini Noodles
- Olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
HOW TO COOK SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI NOODLES
The key to making the best noodles is to avoid over cooking them.
You only need to cook them approximately 1-2 minutes..
And it's a good idea if you can salt the noodles and let them sit in a colander prior to cooking...
This helps release some water from them.
RECIPE NOTES AND STORAGE TIPS
The raw zucchini noodles for this recipe can be made ahead and stored in covered container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Once cooked this recipe is best eaten the same day.
OTHER EASY DINNER IDEAS
Zucchini Noodles Recipe (Gluten-Free, Easy)
- 2 medium/large zucchini
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6-7 medium cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
- Rinse zucchini under cold water and peel
- Cut off top and bottom edge of zucchini and put it through the spiralizer**
- Then put your zucchini noodles in a colander and sprinkle with generous amount of salt
- Let sit about 20-30 minutes. The goal is to remove as much moisture from the noodles as possible
- Meanwhile in large skillet saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, and pepper in butter and olive oil about 8-10 minutes
- Rinse zucchini noodles and pat dry. Combine with onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook several more minutes.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese