This Mushroom Risotto recipe is easily made in one pan with just a few simple ingredients. A creamy dish that's filling enough to stand alone as a meal or can also be served as a side. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Easy.
Since we've always been big fans of mushrooms and you can readily find them available in our fridge....
Then I knew this mushroom risotto recipe was going to be in the making soon..
And let me tell you while I was recipe testing, we never tired of eating this easy to make creamy delicious dish...
As a matter of fact it's pretty much become a rotation at our house now along with this Mushroom Stroganoff recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- White wine
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM RISOTTO
The key to making a good creamy risotto is mainly a little patience...
It's one of those recipes that you have to stand over the stove top to make but well worth the effort!
You also need to make sure you use good quality ingredients.... including a block of parmesan cheese that you shred yourself.
Prep your ingredients prior to getting started which includes warming the vegetable broth.
RECIPE TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Do I have to use Arborio rice- YES! This is what gives the risotto it's creamy texture so you don't want to substitute the rice.
Mushrooms- I used Baby Bella mushrooms but you could certainly use your favorite mushrooms in this.
If you're not planning on serving it right away, I recommend saving a little of the broth. Then just add the warm broth to it right before serving.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD
The short answer is Yes! Even though it's best served right away, I have warmed up leftovers and found them just as tasty as day one.
Just add a little warm cream or broth to the leftovers and heat till warm....although I have seen the hubby eat it cold! 😉
SALADS TO SERVE WITH THIS
Until next time-xoxo
Creamy Mushroom Risotto (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
- Warm vegetable broth in saucepan over medium low heat
- Meanwhile melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sautee till fragrant about 1 minute. Then add mushrooms and continue to cook about 5-6 more minutes
- Stir in wine and cook another 2-3 minutes till almost absorbed. Remove mushroom mixture from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and stir in arborio rice until coated and slightly toasted about 1-2 minutes.
- Return mushroom mixture to the pan reserving some for topping.
- Ladle ½ cup of vegetable broth into the pan and stir continually till absorbed.
- Repeat adding ½ cup at a time and stirring constantly.
- It should take about 20-25 minutes to incorporate the broth.
- Stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese and taste for salt & pepper.
- Top with reserved mushrooms and fresh chopped parsley.