This Mediterranean Quinoa Breakfast Bake is the perfect hearty way to start off your day. Packed with tons of fresh veggies, feta cheese and quinoa which gives it a ton of added flavor & nutrition. Also makes a great one pan dinner that is both Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
EASY to make and not to mention pretty easy on the eyes. Just look at all those bright vibrant colors & yummy flavors.
So making it a great addition to serve to guests or even the family for the upcoming Easter brunch.
Do you guys usually do a big dinner on Easter or just kinda go for brunch? I’m pretty okay with either as long as I can make it ahead.
Probably one of my favorite make ahead dishes is this salad. So if you’re looking for some more easy ideas for Easter you may wanna check it out.
Cause I can definitely see this salad and this Mediterranean Quinoa Breakfast Bake making a presence at our house for the holiday!
Sometimes being a food blogger means I might not make the same recipe very often…Well unless it’s in the testing phase.
But I do have some favorites like this Spicy Crock-Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese that I keep making over & over again since they are relatively easy to prepare & just sooo good.
Do you tend to follow meal plans and serve the same things any particular day of the week…believe me I get it if that’s your jam!
Cause meal planning can definitely be a challenge and I must admit I’m not the best at it.
So give me make-ahead recipes or dishes that I can make on the repeat and I am #1 Happy Camper!
This Mediterranean Quinoa Breakfast Bake, it’s just…..
- Allowing yourself less stress & more time for relaxing
- Giving you more family time
- Making the day of more Enjoyable
- Usually less complicated
- And you don’t have to worry about running out for a forgotten ingredient
And the hubster will tell you I’m pretty bad about that…especially when I’m in the middle of testing out a new recipe and BOOM I’m off to the store cause I forgot that one ingredient.
Lucky for me though, I have some supermarkets close by where I can usually find what I need.
OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS….
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Mediterranean Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano & basil
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half & half cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9 X 13 pan with olive oil.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Meanwhile saute yellow onion, & red bell pepper in pan over medium high heat with 2 tbsp. olive oil about 2-3 minutes.
- Add fresh rinsed spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, & basil and stir till spinach is wilted down.
- Then stir in cooked quinoa and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon this mixture evenly into casserole pan. Then top with crumbled feta cheese.
- In medium separate bowl add eggs, half & half cream, salt & pepper to taste and whisk together completely.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole & top with chopped cilantro.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Can serve immediately or cool and store in fridge for later use.