This Vegan Ramen Zoodle Soup is quick, Easy, & the perfect way to start out the New Year! Loaded with fresh veggies and jam packed with zucchini noodles, for a flavorful hearty bowl of soup.( Vegan & Gluten Free).
Hey there friends! And Happy 2018 to ya 🙂
So with the start of a New Year and it being really really cold here! Yes, like I don’t want to leave my house cold…hence a healthy-ish bowl of soup only seemed fitting.
And because January is the month a lot of us deem for starting off fresh….New goals, eating healthier, more exercise..Ya know all those kind of things I generally try and do all year long.
But with the holidays sometimes we can find ourselves getting a little off track. So easy to do!
Anyway fast forward 2018, and since I’m a big fan of all things zoodles this Vegan Ramen Zoodle Soup seemed like the perfect way to start off the year here at AFCJ.
Did you guys grow up eating ramen noodles? In my case, they were kind of a staple in my early adult years when my children were growing up.
They were just easy, inexpensive and something that everyone in the family always seemed to love.
But as I got older, and hopefully a little wiser I realized there was a reason they were so economical…for one they did not consist of any whole food ingredients.
So as I started changing my diet, which included eating more whole foods and giving up gluten… then naturally ramen noodles as I used to know them had to go.
Pretty sure one of the best decisions I’ve ever made…haha!
And once you’ve tried zucchini noodles there is no going back. Furthermore you probably wouldn’t be here on AFCJ if you just wanted plain ole ramen noodles...Am I Right?
Anyway…if I haven’t convinced you yet to try this soup then let me just sum it all up below.
This Vegan Ramen Zoodle Soup is….
- Quick, easy & flavorful
- Packed with lots of fresh veggies
- A healthy way to start off the New Year
- Much tastier & healthier then your take-out versions
- Ramen soup you can feel good about eating
- Naturally Gluten Free & Vegan
Vegan Ramen Zoodle Soup (Gluten Free)
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic about 3 cloves
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 large zucchini spiralized*
- 6 ounces sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot sliced into thin matchsticks
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Rinse and cut both ends of zucchini. Spiralize zucchini into thin noodles and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in large stockpot. Add sliced green onions(reserving some for topping), garlic, & ginger and heat 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in sliced portobello mushrooms, stir and continue to cook another minute.
- Add Vegetable broth, coconut aminos, broccoli, & carrots. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Add spiralized zucchini noodles and cook another minute.
- Serve topped with additional green onion & optional sriracha sauce.