This Vegan Minestrone Soup is chocked full of an array of different veggies and pasta. A thick & hearty classic soup that is easy to prepare & great served on cool evenings. Vegan, Gluten Free.
And if you've never tried Minestrone soup then you're definitely in for a treat today.... especially since this soup is loaded with tons of flavor & the perfect version of comfort in a bowl.
So with soup season being in full swing I'm always looking to switch it up....
Cause soups & chili just belong on your table this time of year. 😉
And with lots of variations for both soups & chili there is no reason not to.
What is Vegan Minestrone Soup?
Well it basically just consists of a variety of vegetables, tomatoes, & pasta or rice.
And what makes this Vegan is by using vegetable broth and by not topping it with parmesan cheese.
But the best part is you can really decide what to put in it based on what you have available in your fridge... so bonus clean out the fridge day. 😆
It also makes it easier to satisfy any picky eaters in the family.... since you're using veggies you love.
Say someone in the family doesn't like kale then just leave that out. But it's so good in this soup I wouldn't recommend it.. 😆
Minestrone Soup Vegetables used
- cannellini beans
- green beans
And for more soup & chili recipes to try this season....
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Mexican Street Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Lentil Chili
- Lentil Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup
And with this just being a few of my favorites... make sure to check out the blog for more soup & chili inspiration. 😉
So be sure to let me know, if you make this recipe by commenting below and star rating it...
Until next time my friends- xoxo
Hearty Minestrone Soup (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen green beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pasta- gluten free
- 2 cups kale chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, basil, oregano, & thyme.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes til translucent and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, green beans, cannellini beans, vegetable broth, salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer with lid slightly a jar 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and kale and cook 10 more minutes.