This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is thick, creamy and loaded with tons of flavor. A classic bowl of comfort food that everyone loves and is super easy to make in the crock pot. Gluten Free, Easy, Delicious.
Okay… so with this being the first official day of Fall, I really wanted to share some warm comfort food in honor of the season.
AKA.. in steps this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe.
It’s seriously one of my favorite bowls of comfort food that’s creamy, warm and super satisfying on a chilly evening.
And since we’ve been experiencing a few cooler temps here finally…
Then it seemed like the perfect time for a big bowl of this cheesy potato soup. 😋
And if you’re into simple comforting slow cooker recipes then this chili is also a favorite to make this time of year…
Or this spicy version of cauliflower Mac & Cheese which happens to be a really popular recipe on AFCJ.
So how to make Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
It’s really pretty easy and once you’ve done a little bit of the prep work there’s not much else to it.
You start by dicing up the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic.
Then you’ll put those in the crock pot with vegetable broth and let it do it’s thing.
When the veggies are all nice and fork tender you carefully want to blend them with an immersion blender.
This is what makes the soup thicker… but feel free to leave a few chunks in if that’s they way you prefer it.
I like to blend it all up without leaving a lot of veggie chunks.. just my personal preference.
Once blended add all the cheesy, creamy goodness until everyone is melted and incorporated in the soup.
Serve it up with any and all of your favorite toppings.
Recommend toppings for Potato Soup:
- Chopped Green Onions
- Extra Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cracked black pepper
- Hot sauce drizzled over the top
Can you tell I’m all about the spicy foods. 😁
Recipe tips for making Slow Cooker Potato soup:
- Cut the potatoes in uniform size to ensure even cooking time.
- Use cheddar cheese from a block that you shred yourself….
- It melts easier and has better flavor
- Allow the cream cheese to soften prior to adding to soup
- Taste for salt and pepper after soup is done
How long can I store this Potato Soup:
It keeps well in a covered container in the fridge about 3-4 days. I actually think it has even more flavor the next day.
You can also freeze it for longer storage in freezer safe bags or containers.
And if you’re looking for more comforting soups you may like…..
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Slow Cooker Potato Soup (Gluten Free, Easy)
- 3 1/2 lbs russet potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 medium/large yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Put potatoes, onion, carrot, garlic, and vegetable broth in slow cooker on high for about 4 hours till veggies are fork tender.
- Carefully blend with Immersion blender leaving some potato chunks if desired.
- Mix in softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and stir.
- Cook an additional 1/2 hour till cheese all melted and blended.
- Can serve immediately or keep on warm till ready to serve.
Updated- originally posted October 2016