This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is super easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. Perfect for your cool fall evenings. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Who says dinner needs to be complicated? All I want is some good comfort food that I can feel good about eating. Soups, stews and chili’s are just always some of my fall favorites.
So this Slow Cooker Potato soup is one you will often find on my menu. Ahhh, I get all warm and cozy just thinking about it. You know the feeling you get when you’re finally settled in for the night.
All comfy cozy in your favorite PJ’s…Now all you need is a big bowl of Potato Soup.
Now that you’ve set up the perfect evening, Well almost!! Make sure to include whatever else relaxes you the most…listening to music…reading a book or curled up by a fire.
While my fall evenings usually involve a little outdoor time which may include a fire or snuggling up to the outdoor patio heater with a glass of wine.
These are just some of my favorite things to do in the Fall. What do your favorite fall activities usually entail? Sometimes, but only on rare occasions..haha I enjoy raking leaves.
I think it’s because when you’re done there is somehow this sense of accomplishment..It’s something that’s complete for a whole year<—-wish I could say the same about the laundry.
Anyway, Here are numerous reasons to think about Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- It just makes you feel all comfy cozy
- Only a few easy ingredients
- Dinner warm and ready when you are
- Great as leftovers or can freeze
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 medium/large yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces cream cheese dotted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Put potatoes, onion, carrot, garlic, vegetable broth, and water in slow cooker on high for about 5 hours.
- Pour soup into large bowl and carefully blend with Immersion blender leaving some potato chunks*
- Put back into slow cooker and add cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Cook an additional hour.
*you could blend in the slow cooker if you prefer(just make sure to remove from heat source before blending as it will be hot so slowly blend it)