These Pumpkin Banana Muffins are deliciously moist and bursting with all the pumpkin spice seasonings of Fall. A one bowl recipe that is naturally sweetened with banana & just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. Great for a healthy breakfast, snacking or even lunch boxes. Gluten Free, Paleo, & Refined Sugar Free.
So I know it’s not officially Fall yet on the calendar, but pumpkins are already everywhere to be seen in the stores.
Now if that doesn’t get you in the mood, then I’m hoping these pumpkin banana muffins will do the trick. 😀
Cause I don’t know many people who don’t love a good muffin recipe!
And since I’ve kinda been on a coconut flour binge here lately 😆 …. I felt the need to add some Fallish flavors to the mix.
But just in case you missed some of the non-Fallish ones….
Here are some coconut flour recipes I highly recommend:
Why choose Coconut Flour for baking?
- It’s High in Fiber, Protein & Healthy Fats
- Low in Sugar
- Also low on the glycemic index
- Great if you’re following a Paleo or GF diet
Not to mention what delicious baked goods you can make with it. 😉
And these Pumpkin Banana Muffins are a great way to get started…
But really pumpkin, and pumpkin seasonings are the star of these muffins.
Tips for making the best pumpkin banana muffins with coconut flour:
- Make sure to use overripe bananas for optimal flavor
- Takes eggs out of fridge first prior to making
- Remove clumps from coconut flour by whisking or you can sift it
- Don’t over mix the batter
- Use ice cream scoop for getting equal size muffins
- Make sure you’re using fresh baking soda
So I’d love to hear how your Fall baking is going and if you add these pumpkin banana muffins to your list.
If you make these please let me know by commenting below and rating the recipe. That helps me know who’s enjoying which recipes the most.
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans for topping
- additional cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In small bowl whisk together coconut flour with baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, & ginger until combined making sure to remove any clumps. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in large mixing bowl add bananas and mash with fork.
- Then add pumpkin, nut butter coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, & eggs. Mix till thoroughly combined.
- Stir in coconut flour mixture and stir till incorporated.
- Spoon equal portions in baking cups and bake in preheated oven approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.