An easy mocha Coffee Smoothie recipe that's thick, creamy and packed with tons of flavor. It's perfect for a healthy breakfast drink or a delicious afternoon snack. Only five ingredients needed for this refined sugar free smoothie. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Easy.
A healthy breakfast smoothie with cold brewed coffee and chocolate. What's not to love?
This is perfect for busy mornings on the go since it comes together in under five minutes.
And having caffeine in a smoothie is a great way to start the day!
Why you'll love this coffee smoothie
- It's thick, creamy and delicious
- You only need five ingredients
- It comes together in minutes with healthy ingredients
- You can skip your trip to the coffee shop
- It's refined sugar free, gluten free and vegan friendly for everyone to enjoy
Ingredient notes & substitutions
- Cold Coffee- I recommend making this a day in advance so the smoothie comes together quickly when you're ready.
- Almond Milk- unsweetened, but you could substitute with any of your favorite plant based milks.
- Banana- freeze the banana in advance. You'll need at least 2 hours to freeze it. I just like to keep frozen bananas ready to go in the freezer. The riper the banana the sweeter it will be.
- Dates- organic medjool dates were used in this recipe but could swap with regular dates. Medjool dates are bigger, caramel like and generally sweeter so a great addition to this smoothie.
- Cacao Powder- unsweetened, but could swap with unsweetened cocoa powder.
How to make this coffee banana smoothie
- Start by adding all of the ingredients to a high powered blender including the ice.
- Blend till you get desired consistency scraping down the sides several times.
Can I make this ahead
You can prep the cold brewed coffee ahead and the frozen banana. This makes the smoothie come together quickly when ready to serve.
It can be stored overnight in the fridge in a sealed covered jar. Just stir before serving. But I do recommend serving it immediately.
Other smoothies to try
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Coffee Smoothie (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- ⅔ cup cold black coffee
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medjool dates pits removed
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 ½ cups ice
- shaved chocolate
- coffee beans
- Place all ingredients in high speed blender reserving ice till last and blend till thoroughly incorporated.
- Add ice till you get desired thickness.
Updated from June 2018