Creamy Spaghetti Squash Ricotta is a tasty, easy to prepare dinner that’s low carb but not lacking any flavor. Coated in a creamy cheese sauce, garlic, and fresh parsley. Gluten Free and Vegetarian.
Hey friends and loyal readers! Happy March to you! Even though it’s feeling more like early May around here.
So since the groundhog predicted an Early Spring in the Southeast…maybe he’s Right?
Oh Well, only time will tell.
And with Spring officially right around the corner some of you may be looking for some lighter dishes to add to the mix.
This Creamy Spaghetti Squash Ricotta will definitely qualify and help you stay on track with your Healthy eating goals. Pair this with a nice salad and you’ve got dinner covered with Minimal effort.
While this recipe is easy and tasty, my mission has been to come up with lots of ways to prepare Spaghetti Squash.
Cause meal times should be a stress free relaxing time.
Even though I know realistically most people have busy lives, I think it’s soo important to slow down and Really, really enjoy your meal.
I’m pretty sure as the hubby is reading this he is thinking, “She really needs to take her own advice“.
Okay, so busted since I’m guilty of sometimes eating too fast. But I do really, really enjoy the meal..haha! And the moment!
Hence part of the reason I started blogging was to try and get more creative with food…which I feel like I’ve done.
Now I just need to work on the whole slowing down thing..Right?
So let me slow down just a little bit right now and sum up all the great things about this Creamy Spaghetti Squash Ricotta!
- Low carb making this a no brainer
- Easy to prepare with just a few ingredients(worth a trip to the store if necessary)
- It will help you stick with your Healthy eating goals
- It might even help you slow down and Enjoy your meal 🙂
- Is sure to make Spaghetti Squash lovers out of you
- Great source for Vitamins A, B, & C
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- Medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt(full fat)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place on baking sheet flesh side down with a little water on bottom of pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes until can easily pierce with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Lower oven temperature 350 degrees.
- With fork remove strands from spaghetti squash and place in casserole dish.
- Add olive oil and combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.