This Spaghetti Squash Lasagna is super easy to make and loaded with all the same flavors of traditional lasagna. Cheesy, gooey and made using spaghetti squash noodles so a much lower carb version. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Easy.
Okay friends, so I wanted to create an easy recipe using spaghetti squash that had all the same yummy flavors of lasagna.
Cause anytime I can incorporate extra veggies into the mix then I’m one happy camper. 😉
And lasagna has always been a favorite comfort food of mine!
And spaghetti squash has always been a favorite veggie of mine to experiment with ….
So since spaghetti squash lasagna is:
- low in calories
- contains good amounts of dietary fiber
- a good source of vitamin A….
- which promotes eye and skin health
- supports bone health because of high calcium content
- and a good source of antioxidants
Then all the more reasons to include this veggie in your diet.
Tips for making this Spaghetti Squash Lasagna even easier…
Prep your spaghetti squash early in the day.
Or even the day before… I like to make spaghetti squash ahead and store it covered in the fridge until I’m ready to use it in a recipe.
Use a jar of ready made marinara sauce.
You can find a lot of good organic sauces made without added sugars.
And by following these tips you can definitely save a lot of time…. hence making this a super easy weeknight dinner. 😀
So summing it all up…. easy, delicious, cheesy, gooey and even low carb…. 😯 What’s not to love?
And since I’ve been experimenting with spaghetti squash fairly often you can also check out some other spaghetti squash recipes here on the blog….
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash- about 3 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- fresh chopped basil
- extra parmesan cheese for topping
Cooking Spaghetti Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Lay squash down flesh facing bottom of pan and cover pan with just enough water to touch squash.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes till can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and turn right side up and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before removing strands with a fork.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile in small mixing bowl add ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder and mix until incorporated.
- Cover bottom of 1.75 quart casserole dish with thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Next add layer of spaghetti squash noodles, ricotta cheese mix, mozzarella cheese, sauce and repeat.
- Top with optional parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20-25 minutes till bubbly and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to set at least 10 minutes prior to serving.