These Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are ultra smooth, rich, and buttery. And the sweet mellow roasted garlic just takes these to the next level of Yum. Great to serve with a holiday meal or anytime. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
Hey Friends! Can you believe we’re already into November? Crazy, huh!
So with Halloween being behind us my mind just suddenly flipped that auto pilot switch to the Thanksgiving & Christmas mode.
I know, I know but they both require lots of planning! And lots of yummy food…Right?
And with Thanksgiving just 3 short weeks away you gotta start testing the menu.
But I can tell you for sure that mashed potatoes just belongs in that mix.
Especially since I can’t remember a holiday meal that didn’t include a big pan of creamy mashed potatoes at my house.
Hence I’m sharing with you Guys today, my secret for making these Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes ultra Creamy!
Well maybe more then one secret to them…but a potato ricer is a key player in making them Really, really smooth & creamy!
Yes, this one little tool can make a world of difference, and have you re-thinking how you mash your beloved taters.
And since I’m all about the mashed taters, this is something you gotta get Right! Can’t have no lumpy, tasteless mashed taters..Haha!
Your table definitely deserves the best taters and I’m ONLY here to help you achieve that.
So bring on the CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES since….
- Roasted Garlic takes these potatoes to the next level of Yum
- Mashed potatoes just belong on your Holiday table
- They pair perfectly with just about everything
- They’re even Yummy leftover
- These potatoes are ultra smooth, rich, & buttery
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt(full fat)*
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup half & half cream
- 2 heads of garlic roasted
- drizzle of olive oil for garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional toppings:
- diced green onions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Cut top off garlic by about ¼ inch and remove any loose skin.
- Drizzle cut open ends with olive oil & rub in.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place in baking dish.
- Roast 35-40 minutes until lightly browned & looks caramelized.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Once cool squeeze garlic out of bulb into small dish & set aside.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes and rinse in cold water.
- Place potatoes in large pot of salted water and cover at least 2 inches above potatoes.**
- Bring to boil, then reduce to medium & cook 20-25 minutes until can easily pierce with fork.
- Drain potatoes and with spoon or fork place potatoes in ricer in batches and add back to pot.
- Add roasted garlic, butter, & cream cheese and mash together.
- Then add greek yogurt & half & half cream and mix well.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- top with optional diced green onions
**leave potatoes whole after peeling unless you have some really large potatoes which you could cut in half.
you basically want all the potatoes to be uniform in size for even cooking time.