This Cucumber Black Bean Salad Recipe is light, refreshing and comes together in under 10 minutes. Cucumber spirals, black beans, and feta cheese all lightly dressed. Perfect for an easy quick lunch or light summer dinner. Gluten Free, Easy.
So when it comes to salads… sometimes it’s good to switch em up a bit.
This Black Bean Salad with spiralized cucumber is a prime example of that….
Cause anytime you can turn veggies into zoodles it becomes a really fun experience….
Not only does it change the texture but it’s also great for a beautiful unique presentation.
It’s kinda like eating a bowl full of spaghetti noodles without all the carbs..
Okay…. maybe not exactly like eating spaghetti but still a great way to switch up salad making.
What’s needed for this Cucumber Black Bean Salad recipe:
- English Cucumber
- Black Beans
- Feta Cheese
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive oil
Some reasons to consider spiralizing veggies:
- It’s Quick & Easy
- Kids really Enjoy doing it
- A great way to slip more veggies into your diet….
- Especially since one small veggie can yield many fluffy cups of the vegetable
- Allows you to be more creative with meals
Tips for making the best spiralized cucumber salad:
You can make the cucumber spirals ahead and store them on a paper towel in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Cucumbers tend to release a lot of water so mix up the salad when you’re actually ready to serve it….
Since cucumbers are about 95% water they will need to be drained thoroughly before making the salad.
You can slice the spirals in half for easier serving or eating…. but personally I prefer the fun of eating the long strands.
Tools used to make this Cucumber Black Bean Salad:
More ideas for spiralizing Veggies:
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Updated-originally posted August 2016
Cucumber Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 15 ounces can black beans rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles*
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Chop off both ends of cucumber and rinse. It's easier to cut cucumber in half before spiralizing.
- Rinse and drain cucumber zoodles and place in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.