Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is an easy to prepare salad with only 4 ingredients. Then dressed with a light lemon vinaigrette. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Hello and Happy almost Friday to you! Hope everyone has been having a lovely week thus far.
Today I wanted to share with you this super Easy to prepare shaved brussels sprouts salad. Just because I love brussels sprouts and have been experimenting with them.. Are you guys brussels sprout lovers or not?
Even if you think you’re not I hope you’ll give this salad a try. Some how shaving the sprouts just gives them a nice texture and they’re able to absorb the lemon dressing so much more.
So I pulled out the ole mandolin slicer that I bought a couple years back and asked the hubby to shave them for me.
Cause guess what?? Me and really sharp objects some how equate to danger! But he whipped through those brussels sprouts in just a couple minutes so I could prepare this Amazingly tasty salad.
So kudos to the hubby for jumping in to help with this. He has shown such amazing support with me and my blogging journey!
But if you don’t have the hubby or mandolin slicer available, you could always use a knife and just thinly slice them.
This was actually my first time eating brussels sprouts raw, and I think this will now become one of my new favorite ways to prepare them.
Anyway since I hope I’ve helped you see how you need brussels sprouts in your life we can move on.
Or if I haven’t let me just Sum up what you need to know about this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad!
- Made with only four ingredients
- Eating raw Brussels Sprouts provides you with more of the nutrients
- Brussels Sprouts are also a great source of protein, iron, & potassium
- Low in calories so you can Enjoy while maintaining a healthy weight
- Cause shaved food is just more Fun to eat
- Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan adaptable without parmesan cheese
So Enjoy an extra serving or two!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 16 ounces of fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse brussels sprouts and using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife thinly slice until you reach the core.
- Place in colander and rinse again.
- Add to a salad bowl and drizzle with lemon vinaigrette.
- Top with apple, almonds, and cheese when serving.
- Instructions for vinaigrette:
- Place lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt & pepper in small mixing bowl and whisk together.