This Five Ingredient Basil Cashew Pesto is so easy to prepare and ready in under 10 minutes. Fresh basil and cashews are the star ingredients in this pesto. And it’s Gluten free & Vegetarian.
Hey and Happy Thursday friends!
And Happy almost Labor Day weekend to all my American readers! Yesss to a long weekend 🙂
So whether you have exciting plans or just planning a low key weekend, hope you’ll Enjoy some good food & lots of R&R!
Because that’s what long weekends and Holidays are for…OK.
No major plans here, but that’s fine by me since that’s kind of the way I like it.
As long as I have some tasty food, a few drinks and maybe a big bowl of this Five Ingredient Basil Cashew Pesto I’ll probably get by...
Haha..Oh and of course the hubby to hang with me.
And since basil has always been one of my favorite herbs, then of course pesto would naturally happen here soon.
As much as I wish I could say I grew this myself…no green thumb here..you can pretty much find an abundance of fresh basil at your local market.
I usually like to buy the living basil and I absolutely love the smell of it as I’m driving home with it.
Not to mention the smell of fresh pesto in your kitchen. If you haven’t made pesto at home you really need to try this.
Don’t let another basil plant pass you in the store..it’s waiting to be made into pesto.
And the husband thought he didn’t like pesto, cause I only fed him a few of the store bought brands.
He is now on board as an official pesto lover Thanks to this Five Ingredient Basil Cashew Pesto. He said, “I think I just didn’t like pine nuts, but this is REALLY good”!
And better yet this, Five Ingredient Basil Cashew Pesto is….
- Ready in under 10 minutes
- Great on sandwiches, wraps, & mixed in dips
- Even on crackers or veggies
- A great source of nutrition and High in vitamin K & manganese
- A perfect addition to entertaining
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed tightly
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place basil leaves and cashews in food processor and pulse till combined.
- Add chopped garlic and pulse again till incorporated.
- Slowly add in olive oil and continue to pulse
- Add parmesan cheese and pulse again till everything smooth and incorporated.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.