Creamy Pimento Cheese Soup is velvety smooth, thick, & the ideal bowl of comfort food. Loaded with rich cheesy goodness & pimentos for a soup the whole family will love. Gluten free and Vegetarian.
This soup my friends is going to soon become your new favorite bowl of comfort food. I kid you not!
So quick to throw together making it the perfect addition to your busy weeknights…and the best part is the kids are sure to love this too.
Anyway since pimento cheese sandwiches were kind of a staple for me growing up, having a warm creamy bowlful of this….EVEN better 🙂
Any Southerners reading this totally get it I’m sure!
And even if you didn’t grow up eating pimento cheese, I’m sure you will still appreciate all the cheesy goodness.
Hence you really need to make a big pot of this Creamy Pimento Cheese Soup….
But let me forewarn you that you may need to make a double batch…Haha!
Cause this soup is also yummy leftover & can even double as a dip when cold. I even served some on leftover rice⇒ Simply DELISH anyway you chose to serve it.
Did you guys eat pimento cheese or what were some of your favorites growing up?
And I can pretty much assure you that CHEESE has always been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember..Well that & pickles.
So bring on the Creamy Pimento Cheese Soup since it’s…..
- Loaded with lots & lots of Cheesy Goodness
- Super Easy to prepare
- Kid friendly
- Great served leftover
- Even good served cold as a dip
- Perfect for cool Fall & Winter evenings
- Delicious served with muffins & gluten free bread to help you soak up the Yumminess
- Now my new favorite soup, along with this one
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- half of green bell pepper finely diced
- half of red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup half & half cream
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp. pimentos drained
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in large dutch oven on stove top.
- Add diced onion, garlic, & bell pepper.
- Saute 5 - 8 minutes till translucent.
- Mix in cornstarch & dry mustard till incorporated well.
- Add veggie broth, cream cheese & half & half cream.
- Cook until thickened about 12-15 minutes.
- Add pimentos, grated cheese, cayenne, & salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook another couple minutes till cheese thoroughly melted.
- Taste for salt & pepper.
- Can garnish with additional diced red bell pepper & chopped parsley.