Mexican Street Corn Soup is creamy, flavorful, & bursting with just the right amount of spice. Great when you're craving Mexican Street Corn ladled in a warm comfy bowl of soup. Vegetarian & Gluten Free
It's that time of year AGAIN!
You know when you're actually starting to notice the days getting shorter but also looking forward to snuggling in early with a big bowl of warm comfort food.
The kind that warms you inside & out with just the perfect amount of spice and textures.
Hence, with Mexican being some of my favorite dishes...And Mexican Street Corn Salad being a favorite around my house & the blog this Mexican Street Corn Soup has became his new friendly distant cousin.
Cause sometimes you just need some of your favorites in the form of a warm cozy soup! Don't you agree?
And since soups, stews, & chili's kind of do that for me, they're definitely one of my go to meals...
So with Fall being in full swing, you'll definitely being seeing a lot more of these on my table.
Cause corn is not just a summer staple for grilling!
So rest assured I'm pretty much eating it year around.
And even though they say most foods lose their nutrients when cooking, corn in one study was shown to increase it's antioxidant activity when cooked...so ladle up my friends and have a second bowl.
ESPECIALLY Since Mexican Street Corn Soup is....
- An Easy one pot dinner the whole family will love
- A warm version of Mexican Street Corn Salad
- The perfect bowl of comfort for cool Fall evenings
- Creamy & flavored with just the right amount of spice
- Even better since cooked corn increases it's antioxidant activity
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
- Great cause corn is not just a summertime staple
Mexican Street Corn Soup
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil divided
- 16 ounce bag frozen corn kernels divided
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt full fat
- salt & pepper to taste
- feta cheese
- red chili pepper flakes
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in skillet.
- Add diced onion and half of the corn.
- Cook 8 - 10 minutes till corn is starting to lightly char and turn brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in soup pan heat remaining olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add diced jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, & cumin.
- Cook about 1 minute till fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth, reminder of corn & bring to boil, reduce heat and then simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender purree the soup.
- Add greek yogurt and blend again.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and stir in the charred corn.
- Top soup with fresh crumbled feta, cilantro, & red chili pepper flakes.