These Black Bean & Corn Vegetarian Enchiladas are loaded with fresh flavors of beans, corn, cilantro, onions and garlic. All wrapped in soft homemade tortillas, then topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Delicious.
Updated- originally posted March 2016
Let’s just say that Taco Tuesday doesn’t get any better than this.
Or Meatless Monday for that matter. 😉
But one of my primary reasons for updating the recipe was these Soft Almond Flour Tortillas.
Well that and my love for Mexican food.
And since I haven’t made these Vegetarian Enchiladas with my homemade wraps…
Plus since these wraps continue to be one of the most loved recipes ❤ here on the blog…
I just knew it had to happen… and boy oh boy I’m glad it did.
So let’s just say they’re now going to be a regular in our house AGAIN and hopefully yours.
Cause using homemade tortillas and enchilada sauce makes all the difference in the world.
Can I make these using store brand wraps and enchilada sauce?
You certainly can make these enchiladas with store bought wraps & sauce but I highly recommend making your own.
The sauce and wraps can easily be made a day ahead or even the morning you plan on making these.
A lot of this recipe can be prepped ahead making it easy when you’re ready to prepare.
Even chopping up the veggies prior to getting started… great prep idea…
Can I re-heat these vegetarian enchiladas
Yes…. they are great made ahead… and re-heated.
Once cooked, cooled and refrigerated make sure to cover em…
Just warm them in the oven prior to dinner at a low setting till heated all the way through.
What you’ll need for homemade Enchilada sauce….
- tomato sauce
- coconut oil
- chili powder
- vegetable broth
- onion powder
- garlic powder
And you can make this homemade sauce in only 10 minutes.
So with only a few ingredients and ten minutes time there is no reason not to make your own gluten free, vegan enchilada sauce.
And it’s so good on all your favorite Mexican inspired dishes…
Whether it be baked casserole or burritos or these enchiladas it’s so worth 10 minutes of your time.
More Mexican dishes….
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you liked it. Plus don’t forget the star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Black Bean & Corn Vegetarian Enchiladas
- 8 gluten-free tortilla wraps
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 large tomato chopped- can substitute with diced canned tomatoes juice drained.
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse and drain the black beans and frozen corn. Chop onions, garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and add onion and garlic. Sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms and peppers and cook additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving the cheese and enchilada sauce till the end. Then cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon bean and veggie mixture equally between wraps and put handful of cheese on top.
- Wrap and place seam side down in large casserole dish. Cover with enchilada sauce and additional cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 30 minutes till bubbly and brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes prior to serving