This Quick & Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce can be made in under 10 minutes. And since it’s so flavorful & easy you’ll never want to go back to store bought again. Both Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
Because Monday’s can sometimes call for Quick & Easy! Right?
Hey there friends!
And since the weekend has already come and gone again Wayyy too quickly maybe…just maybe some good ole Mexican style food can make up for it!
It would be the perfect food to eat while watching the Solar Eclipse today, if that happens to be part of your agenda!
With Mexican being one of my favorites I really wanted to share this Quick & Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce since the flavor doesn’t even compare to anything you can buy ready made.
Not to mention all the added unneeded ingredients that you really don’t need found in some store bought brands.
And Guys the best part is you can make this up ahead saving you time.
I usually like to make it a day ahead so it makes dinner prep a little faster.
But I’m sure you could probably double the batch and even freeze some of this for later.
And I can honestly tell you that you’ll ABSOLUTELY notice the difference in all your favorite Mexican dishes when using it.
Which is why I needed to share this recipe with you ASAP..
Cause I’ve actually been making this recipe for quite a while now. So I felt like it really needed a special place here on the blog.
You know…just in case one day the hubbster might decide he wants to make me one of my favorite dinners he’ll know how to make it..haha!
But for sure this is really easy and pretty Much anyone should be able to make this.
So I hope you’ll try this Quick & Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce next time you’re thinking Mexican since…
- It can be made in under 10 minutes
- Almost anyone should be able to prepare this
- Wayyy better than the store bought stuff
- Doesn’t contain unnecessary ingredients
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
Quick & Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add chili powder and cook for a minute till fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil, adding garlic & onion powder. Reduce heat to medium.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add slowly to vegetable broth mixture.
- Heat several minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in tomato sauce.
- salt to taste(about ½ to 1 tsp.)