These Cheesy Baked Broccoli Fritters are easy to make with only five ingredients and in one bowl. Baked to a golden perfection and great as a side or for snacking on right out of the fridge. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Easy.
Broccoli and Cheese... oh yes please.. 😀
Promise... I really wasn't trying to come up with a nifty rhyme or anything...
But these are just so good and there is nothing better than that combination of flavors.
I could easily eat it on the daily.
And maybe I do... 🤔 but hey it's no secret that I might be slightly smitten by a little cheese.
Okay... maybe a lot.
Anywho, these fritters have broccoli with the cheese so that makes it perfectly acceptable.
Since broccoli is loaded with so many great nutrients....
Such as manganese, iron, potassium, vitamin C & K, and folate.
And it's higher in protein than most vegetables that are commonly consumed.
Plus broccoli is abundant in a plant compound known as sulforaphane which may improve risk factors for disease.
So all the more reason to add more broccoli to your diet.
Ingredients needed to make these Broccoli Fritters:
- Broccoli- can use fresh or frozen
- Almond Flour
Can I make any substitutions?
These were made with a sharp cheddar cheese but you could easily substitute with your favorite cheese.
I've also made them with a combination of two cheeses... one being gouda and they were DELISH.
What to serve with these fritters?
- Potato wedges
- Top them on a salad- just break into crouton size pieces
- Dipping sauce- I love a combination of mayo and sriracha sauce
- And you could also serve with some raw veggies on the side
Actually my favorite way to eat them is plain, cold... straight out of the fridge. They're the perfect grab and go snack.
And a great way to get in an extra serving of veggies.
More Broccoli inspiration....
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you liked it. Plus don’t forget the star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cheesy Baked Broccoli Fritters (GF & Low Carb)
- 3 ½ cups broccoli florets chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 ¼ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded*
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional- dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile lightly steam broccoli florets approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
- Add to mixing bowl along with remaining ingredients and stir till everything is evenly distributed.
- Form into equal sized patties and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes on one side and flip over and bake 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and Enjoy or cool completely and store covered in fridge.