This Superfood Salad is easy to make, loaded with three different salad greens and a simple olive oil vinaigrette. A nutrient dense salad that's great for a healthy lunch or perfect as a side with most meals. Healthy, Gluten Free, Vegan, Easy.
A vegan salad salad loaded with lots of green superfoods and then topped with a light & flavorful vegan salad dressing.
And I especially love this detox salad since it comes together in under 15 minutes, it's healthy, light and makes you feel good about what you're eating!
So whether you're looking to incorporate more superfoods into your life or just want a healthier meal then this salad is perfect for both reasons.
What are superfoods?
Superfoods are foods thought to be nutritionally dense and packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
They're usually low in calories and considered to have numerous health benefits.
Ingredients in this superfood salad
I recommend using organic produce whenever possible
- Greens- A combination of kale, spinach and butter lettuce used in this salad.
- Broccoli- This is a superfood since it's low in calories and packed with vitamins & minerals.
- Blueberries- Not only are these packed with antioxidants but they're also high in vitamin C and potassium.
- Green onions- They are one of the most affordable superfoods and great to add to salads.
- Pumpkin seeds- A great source of protein, zinc and magnesium.
- Cucumbers- Low in calories and high in water content. Great for hydration and pack plenty of nutrients.
How to make it
full directions in recipe card below
- Start by making the olive oil vinaigrette. You'll need fresh chopped parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and seasonings. Whisk together and pour in a glass jar.
- Combine salad ingredients separately on a salad plate or can serve mixed.
- Pour vinaigrette on and Enjoy!
Can I make it ahead
This is perfect for meal prep since you can easily prep your superfoods and vinaigrette ahead of time.
Just combine ingredients on salad plate and dress right before serving.
Other salad recipes to try
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Green Superfood Salad (Easy, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Mix of kale, spinach, and butter lettuce
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 green onions
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- half of a large cucumber
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- handful of fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and chop greens into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- Add blueberries, chopped green onions, broccoli florets, and chopped cucumber.
- Add pumpkin seeds right before serving.
Salad dressing instructions:
- Place lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, ginger, parsley, salt & pepper in jar and shake well.
- Dressing is best made at least an hour ahead.
- Add dressing right before serving.
Updated from June 2017