Three Greens Summer Detox Salad is a healthy dose of greens and berries. Kale, Spinach, and Romaine along with crunchy pumpkin seeds. Lightly dressed with lemon juice & olive oil. Gluten Free, Vegan option.
Hey Guys and Gals!
Hope you all Enjoyed a lovely weekend with Dad or spent special time with your loved ones.
Since it’s always nice to just unwind sometimes and to also really appreciate the people in your life that are important.
Whether it be Dads, Moms, Children, or your significant other…always, always good to to spend that quality time with them.
Maybe you cooked out lots of good food or maybe even ate a little more then you should have.
But really…stuff happens and that’s Okay!
Sometimes though I just really feel like I need a big bowl of healthy tasty greens to get myself back on track.
And this super healthy Three Greens Summer Detox Salad can definitely do that for you.
Cause there is nothing like a big bowl of greens loaded with different textures of healthy tasty summer goodies.
Salads are always a welcome addition at any meal or perfect for gatherings.
But sometimes I just prefer to make it a meal on it’s own. Especially when it’s ninety plus degrees outside!
No need to heat up the stove or even fire up the grill for this quick and easy dinner!
So it’s perfect for your busy summer weeknights…can be made ahead and just dress it when you’re ready to eat.
Summer is all about enjoying extra daylight and hanging out till dusk in your yard with a cold drink.
And this salad can also make you feel a little bit better about fitting into the swimsuit thing again 🙂
Three Greens Summer Detox Salad is….
- Loaded with lots of healthy nutrients and antioxidants
- Easy, quick and no stove required
- Great for swimsuit season
- And pumpkins seeds have so many wonderful benefits…including magnesium for the heart, zinc for immune support and even great to help you sleep..so try including them on your next salad
- Gluten Free, Vegan option
Three Greens Summer Detox Salad
- Mix of kale spinach, and romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2 green onions
- broccoli florets about 1 1/2 cups
- half a large english cucumber
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- optional ingredients: goat cheese
- dressing ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- handful of fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and chop greens into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- Add blueberries, chopped green onions, broccoli florets, and chopped cucumber.
- Add pumpkin seeds right before serving.
- Dressing instructions:
- Place lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, ginger, parsley, salt & pepper in jar and shake well.
- Dressing is best made at least an hour ahead.
- Add dressing right before serving and also optional goat cheese if not making vegan.