Carrot Cake Cookies that are a great way to have the flavors of carrot cake in a hand held treat. Moist tender oatmeal cookies that are healthy enough to eat for breakfast. Gluten Free, Easy, Healthy.
So when it comes to cookies I must admit that these would have to be among my top favorites!
And with that being said, and it being the first official day of Spring here...
Then I thought we should start it out with some carrot cake in the form of these cookies.
Especially since it's a Spring time dessert, and it happens to remind me of the season!
Cookies that are chewy, moist and loaded with healthy wholesome ingredients you'll feel good about eating!
Can't think of a better way to start off Spring than with cookies for breakfast.
And if you're all about cookies for breakfast then you may also enjoy these Healthy Breakfast Cookies with chocolate!
INGREDIENTS IN THESE CARROT CAKE COOKIES
- Oatmeal- quick cooking
- Oat Flour
- Carrots- shredded
- Coconut- shredded
- Applesauce- unsweetened
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
RECIPE NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Start by lining the baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating the oven.
While the oven is preheating you will want to melt the coconut oil and shred the carrots.
I like to use my food processor to shred the carrots but you could also use a box grater.
Then measure and gather out all the ingredients before getting started.
You could substitute the coconut oil with butter or the coconut milk with another plant based milk that you prefer.
Other than that I wouldn't recommend substituting anything else in the recipe.
ADDITIONAL ADD INS
HOW TO STORE THESE COOKIES
They can be kept in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days.
For longer storage keep in the fridge for up to a week!
CAN I FREEZE CARROT CAKE COOKIES
YES! Store in freezer safe bags or container for up to 3 months.
Until next time-xoxo
Carrot Cake Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free quick cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil on stove top over low heat and peel and shred the carrots.
- In medium mixing bowl add oatmeal, oat flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut sugar and whisk till combined.
- In separate small bowl mix together beaten egg, melted slightly cooled coconut oil, vanilla extract, milk and applesauce.
- Pour into dry mix and combine.
- Fold in shredded carrots and coconut flakes.
- Spoon mixture on to baking sheet using a cookie scoop.
- Press down lightly and bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes.