These Lemon Cookies are soft, chewy and bursting with fresh lemony flavor. This best lemon cookies recipe is low in sugar, naturally vegan and gluten free.
A simple lemon almond flour cookie that's made without any refined sugars and great for a healthy snack or dessert.
And if you're a fan of fresh lemony flavors then this Lemon dill potato salad is the perfect addition to most meals, potlucks or cookouts!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Super easy to make with less than 10 ingredients.
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free, and no refined sugar.
- No special tools or equipment needed to make them.
- Bursting with fresh lemony vibrant flavor.
- Great for a healthy snack or lunch boxes.
Ingredients & notes
- Almond flour- blanched super fine almond flour
- Coconut flakes- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Maple syrup- pure maple syrup
- Coconut oil- unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Lemon juice- freshly squeezed lemon juice is recommended.
- Lemon zest- I recommend using organic lemons for zest
- Vanilla extract- Be sure you are using pure vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla flavor.
How to make soft lemon cookies
full directions are in the recipe card below
- Melt Coconut oil over low heat in small sauce pan.
- Whisk together almond flour and coconut flakes.
- Add slightly cooled melted coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to bowl.
- Mix till throughly combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press each ball down lightly with hand and bake in preheated oven.
Frequently asked questions
I've only tested the recipe using pure maple syrup but you could certainly adjust the amount slightly or use a different liquid sweetener. These cookies are made to be low in sugar.
No, I've only tested these using super fine blanched almond flour.
Yes! Cool the cookies completely and store in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days for longer storage refrigerate the cookies or freeze them.
Other almond flour recipes
- Almond Flour Biscuits (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- Almond Flour Tortillas (Soft & Flexible)
- Chocolate Almond Flour Banana Bread (Gluten Free, Paleo)
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Soft Lemon Cookies
- Melt coconut oil on stovetop over low heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile mix together the almond flour with the shredded coconut flakes.
- Add maple syrup, lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and slightly cooled coconut oil to the bowl and stir till everything is incorporated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove chilled dough from fridge and use a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop to make cookies.
- Roll them into balls and place on lined baking sheet. Press down lightly with hand on each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes till lightly browned around the edges.
Updated posted from April 2020