Soft & Chewy Lemon Cookies recipe that’s easy to make in one bowl with only 7 ingredients. A healthy cookie bursting with fresh lemon & coconutty flavors. Gluten Free, Vegan, Healthy.
A Lemon Cookies recipe that will seriously have you ready for Spring time!
Fresh, vibrant, & soft melt in your mouth cookies filled with healthy wholesome ingredients.
So if you’re a FAN of all things lemony, then these cookies will be one of your go to recipes this Spring!
Along with this recipe for Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad…
Also super simple to prepare and packed with tons of fresh flavors. This salad is great when you want a quick healthy dinner idea!
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON COOKIES
- Almond flour- blanched
- Coconut oil- unrefined
- Maple syrup- pure (not pancake syrup)
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- Coconut Flakes- unsweetened
HOW TO MAKE THESE LEMON COOKIES
Full Directions in Recipe Carb below…
Start by measuring out the coconut oil and melting it over low heat on the stovetop and then set aside.
Meanwhile mix together the almond flour with the coconut flakes…
Then add in maple syrup, lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and slightly cooled coconut oil
Mix till everything is thoroughly incorporated, cover mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Once chilled spoon cookies out using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls.. place on cookie sheet and press down lightly.
Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes till just lightly browned around the edges.
HOW TO STORE THEM
They can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for several days or in the fridge for up to a week…
For longer storage you can also freeze them in a sealed airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months.
RECIPE NOTES AND TIPS
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking and for easier clean-up
Make sure you’ve chilled the dough at least 30 minutes prior to heating the oven.
The cookies bake rather quickly so you’ll want to watch them the last few minutes of baking… especially since oven temperatures can vary somewhat.
Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before storing in airtight containers.
OTHER EASY COOKIE RECIPES….
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Lemon Cookies Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Melt coconut oil on stovetop over low heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile mix together the almond flour with the shredded coconut flakes.
- Add maple syrup, lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and slightly cooled coconut oil to the bowl and stir till everything is incorporated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove chilled dough from fridge and use a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop to make cookies.
- Roll them into balls and place on lined baking sheet. Press down lightly with hand on each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes till lightly browned around the edges.