These Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Bites are an easy tasty way to have your cauliflower in a hand held bite. It’s more fun sometimes when you can grab and go with no utensils necessary. Well other than a napkin maybe.I added additional hot sauce mixture onto mine cause I like pretty spicy foods. They were messy but so good. The messier it is , sometimes the better it tastes. These were even great cold the next day.
Hot sauce is one of my favorite condiments to have on hand. It can give so many foods that extra little flavor enhancement. What’s your favorite food to put hot sauce on?
It’s funny how when you sometimes try something new and think you don’t like but then it ends up being one of your favorite foods or things. So I’m pretty much open to trying new things or food as long as it’s whole foods and involving no gluten. But that’s the beauty about eating whole foods, you don’t have to read any labels.No label reading for these guys, well I guess you might wanna read your hot sauce label. But I usually stick to a couple of the same brands that don’t have any extras added. Franks Red Hot sauce is one of my favorites.
So you just need to get these little bites rolled out and on to a pan. For your next little tasty gluten free vegetarian bite try some Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Bites.Just make sure to generously grease a piece of parchment paper with olive oil to keep these little babies from sticking and then Enjoy!
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease large piece of parchment paper and place on baking sheet.
- Bring large pot of lightly slightly water to boil.
- Break cauliflower into florets and put in boiling water. Cook 5-6 minutes. Drain well.
- Pulse in food processor in batches and then lay between paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible.**
- Place riced cauliflower in bowl with beaten egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper, and cheese. Combine well. Shape into bite size balls and place on greased parchment paper.
- Cook 15 minutes and turn over and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter over medium low heat and add hot sauce.
- Remove bites from oven and brush with hot sauce mixture. Return to oven and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and can drizzle with additional hot sauce*
**you can use a box grater if you don't have a food processor. Just be sure to squeeze out excess water