Lentil Sweet Potato Stew is an easy to prepare hearty meal. Packed with tasty, healthy ingredients making it the perfect dinner any night of the week. Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Alright, so let's talk stew on the last day of the month and Halloween to boot. Happy Halloween Guys!
And after eating all that candy you're probably going need some stew to kind of round it all out.
Lentil Sweet Potato Stew is a guilt free tasty treat. It pairs perfect with some muffins or even a salad.
Not only are they a great source of vegetarian protein but you don't even have to pre-soak these little babies. I mean...What more can you ask for? Well we won't get into that one..haha.
But seriously I think of them as my definite stand by. Everyone I'm sure has one. What food is your stand by? You know something you make time and time again because it doesn't require a lot of time or thought.
Hence on a Monday or any other day that I'm looking for a tasty, healthy meal I'll usually go to my jar of lentils.
They haven't failed me yet..
And really if I've not convinced you yet here are a few more reasons to try this Lentil Sweet Potato Stew:
- Lentils are a great source of vegetarian protein
- Among many other health benefits including giving you more Energy
- No pre-soak required so a time saver
- Family friendly food you can feel good about serving
- Great served in so many recipes
- Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Lentil Sweet Potato Stew
- 1 ¼ cups lentils rinsed
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium/large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 3 small tomatoes diced
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Place all of the above ingredients in large soup pan or dutch oven reserving balsamic vinegar till the end.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to medium.
- Cook with lid slightly a jar 30-45 minutes until potatoes can pierce slightly with fork.
- During last couple of minutes of cooking drizzle in vinegar.
Leftovers can be stored in fridge for up to five days covered.