These Sweet Potato Pancakes are thick, fluffy pancakes that are delicious served plain or topped with all your favorites! A healthy nutritious breakfast made with simple wholesome ingredients. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Easy, Healthy.
Sweet Potato Pancakes that are jam packed with sooo much flavor they could even qualify as a dessert!
Dessert for breakfast.... YES please!
Especially in the form of a yummy pancake filled with healthy whole food ingredients.
And another one of our favorite pancake recipes is these easy to make light & fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes!
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
- Sweet Potato- cooked & mashed
- Coconut Flour
- Baking powder
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
HOW TO MAKE THESE PANCAKES
Full instructions in Recipe Card below:
Start by cooking the sweet potato - My preferred method is cooking it on the stovetop.. but you could also bake it or use canned sweet potato.
You can cook the sweet potato a day or two in advance if you prefer.
Then store the mashed sweet potato in an airtight container in the fridge till ready to make the pancake batter.
This is super easy one bowl recipe- start by whisking together the dry ingredients and then add remaining ingredients and combine.
Preheat non-stick skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat.
Then using a ¼ cup measuring scoop to portion batter out in pan.
Cook 5-6 minutes on the first side or until you see the edges start to firm and the pancakes bubble a bit and flip.
Continue to cook another 4-5 minutes till done all the way through.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
The batter will be thicker than your typical pancake batter...
So you'll need to spread it out a bit once you pour them in the pan.
You could use another plant based milk in place of almond milk if you prefer. If you don't need it to be dairy free you could use plain whole milk.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES...
Until next time-xoxo
Sweet Potato Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Cook sweet potato on stovetop till fork tender, mash and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat non-stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- In medium mixing bowl add coconut flour, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon and whisk together removing any lumps.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, maple syrup, almond milk and beaten eggs.
- Stir till everything is incorporated.
- Spoon into preheated pan using a ¼ cup scoop and spread out to desired thickness.
- Cook 5-6 minutes on first side till edges start to brown and pancake starts to show bubbles.
- Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked through.