These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are light, moist and bursting with fresh lemony flavor. A healthy delicious muffin that’s perfect for an easy breakfast or snack. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, No Added Refined Sugars.
So when it comes to healthy baking I have to admit that muffins are usually one of my go to’s….
Always, always experimenting & looking for fresh tasty ways to switch em up.
Cause muffins are just the perfect snack or grab & go breakfast.
And since I’m all about easy, healthy tasty food…
Then muffins are just one of those things that happen to make my life a little easier.
Why muffins are a good choice for breakfast and snacks?
- They’re easy to prepare
- You can customize them according to what you like
- Can be made ahead and frozen…
- So you’ll always have healthy snacks available
- Kid friendly
- Portable and perfect for lunch boxes
- You control the ingredients… including the amount of sugar, carbs, etc.
And since you don’t have to compromise flavor to achieve that then….
You can easily prepare a yummy muffin to your family’s liking and food allergies.
Ingredients needed for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins:
- Almond & Coconut Flour
- Poppy seeds
- Coconut oil- unrefined
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
Can I substitute any of these ingredients?
I wouldn’t recommend substituting the flour since you’ll end up with a totally different texture based on the flour used.
Coconut flour can be really tricky to bake with since it tends to absorb a lot of liquid.
But you could easily swap out the milk with another non-dairy milk such as almond or cashew milk.
And the sweetener could also be swapped out with honey.
Can I make a double batch and freeze these muffins?
Yes, yes, and yes.. 😉
Definitely freezer friendly, so if you’re planning on keeping them longer then a week I’d suggest popping them in a freezer safe container.
More YUMMY Muffin recipes…….
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten Free, DF, Paleo)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large lemon juice & zest (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flours, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Meanwhile in small bowl combine beaten eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, zest, coconut oil, coconut milk & maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon equal portions into baking cups.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.