This Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe is light, moist and bursting with fresh lemony flavor. A healthy delicious muffin that's perfect for an easy breakfast or snack. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, No Added Refined Sugars.
So when it comes to healthy baking I have to admit that muffins are usually one of my go to's....
Always, always experimenting & looking for fresh tasty ways to switch em up.
Cause muffins are just the perfect snack or grab & go breakfast.
And since I'm all about easy, healthy tasty food...
Then muffins are just one of those things that happen to make my life a little easier.
Why muffins are a good choice for breakfast and snacks?
- They're easy to prepare
- You can customize them according to what you like
- Can be made ahead and frozen...
- So you'll always have healthy snacks available
- Kid friendly
- Portable and perfect for lunch boxes
- You control the ingredients... including the amount of sugar, carbs, etc.
And since you don't have to compromise flavor to achieve that then....
You can easily prepare a yummy muffin to your family's liking and food allergies.
Ingredients for this Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe:
- Almond & Coconut Flour
- Poppy seeds
- Coconut oil- unrefined
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
Can I substitute any of these ingredients?
I wouldn't recommend substituting the flour since you'll end up with a totally different texture based on the flour used.
Coconut flour can be really tricky to bake with since it tends to absorb a lot of liquid.
But you could easily swap out the milk with another non-dairy milk such as almond or cashew milk.
And the sweetener could also be swapped out with honey.
Can I make a double batch and freeze these muffins?
Yes, yes, and yes.. 😉
Definitely freezer friendly, so if you're planning on keeping them longer then a week I'd suggest popping them in a freezer safe container.
More YUMMY Muffin recipes.......
Until next time-xoxo
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe (Gluten Free, DF, Paleo)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large lemon juice & zest (about ¼ cup juice)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flours, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Meanwhile in small bowl combine beaten eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, zest, coconut oil, coconut milk & maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon equal portions into baking cups.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.