These Chocolate Chip Muffins made with coconut flour are great as a healthy snack or an easy grab and go breakfast. Moist, tender & lightly sweetened without any added refined sugar. Dairy Free, GF, Paleo, No Added Refined Sugar.
Are you a big FAN of muffins? If so you’ve come to the right place.
Cause these chocolate chip muffins are going to satisfy the sweet tooth, and solve all your breakfast & snacking dilemmas…
Plus cover the healthy eating goals. 😉 Ya know all those little resolutions you said you were going to start this month.
But guess what? 🤔 Healthy eating doesn’t have to taste bad or even be boring.
How to make Chocolate Chip Muffins Healthy?
Buying and using Organic ingredients whenever possible is a good way to start.
Lower the amount of sugar in your muffins and try to stick with unrefined sugars.
These are just two easy tips that you could actually apply to lots of recipes.
Substitutions or other Add-ins:
If you don’t need this to be dairy free you can easily swap butter for the coconut oil or dairy milk for the coconut milk.
Can use another nut butter in place of almond…. such as cashew, peanut butter, or sunflower butter.
Some add-ins: nuts… walnuts, pecans or almonds
Or even EXTRA chocolate chips if you want more chocolatey flavor.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes.. they can easily be kept longer by freezing them. Just make sure to put them in a freezer safe bag and they should keep for several months.
So doubling the batch and freezing some for later can be a great idea for meal prep.
Recipe tips and baking with Coconut Flour:
Use room temperature eggs- if you forgot to take them out of the fridge you can always set them in a bowl of warm water to take the chill off.
If using coconut milk and it clumps together…. pour it through a mess strainer to remove clumps.
Melt the coconut oil first so it has time to cool slightly before adding to the batter.
Let the batter sit for a minute after stirring since coconut flour tends to absorb lots of liquid…
You can always add a little more milk if necessary.
More Muffin Recipes to Try……
And if you make this recipe please be sure to let me know in the comments below. ⭐
Until next time-xoxo
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbps. tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil- melted
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. coconut milk-full fat
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- dark chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large mixing bowl add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt and whisk together removing any lumps.
- Mix together beaten eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup and coconut milk in small bowl and then add to dry mix.
- Stir till combined and fold in chocolate chips.
- Place equal portions into baking cups and bake in preheated oven 25-28 minutes till toothpick inserted comes out clean.