Easy Creamed Spinach is creamy, delicious, & a great side for most any meal. Less than 15 minutes from stove-top to table. Now who doesn’t want that? Great also as a holiday side. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Hey there and I’m so glad to have you joining me here on the blog today! Well actually any day…. is totally awesome with me.
Cause you Guys…my loyal readers make this blog possible.
So just wanted to say a BIG thank-you today, before I dig right into this EASY CREAMED SPINACH recipe!
And let me tell you this recipe is one your gonna want to dig into & keep making on the repeat…since it’s super quick to make, creamy, & just plain delicious.
Not to mention that spinach is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals & has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Hey it seemed to work for Popeye the sailor man! Did you guys love Popeye?
I always thought the dude was super cool. Even though back then he didn’t get me to eat my spinach..Haha!
But now it’s probably one of my favorite greens that I consume on a weekly basis and is almost always a part of my salads.
Anyway, I can tell you for sure this Easy Creamed Spinach goes great beside some mashed taters and would be the perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table.
I can’t believe I waited this long to make it being the avid spinach eater I am..
But it wasn’t something I was served growing up nor was it a part of my Holiday meals back then.
Not really sure Why, but the hubby didn’t eat this much either.
Well all of that is about to change round here, cause hubby loves this stuff. HUBSTER APPROVED…Yesss!
So let me tell you some of the reasons you’re REALLY gonna wanna make this EASY CREAMED SPINACH…
- Well obviously creamy, & DELICIOUS
- Quick & Easy to prepare
- Loaded with lots of vitamins & minerals
- Not to mention the anti-inflammatory properties
- Popeye approved
- Great as a Holiday side
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
Easy Creamed Spinach
- 2 lbs. fresh spinach leaves rinsed
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus some for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of nutmeg
- optional but highly recommended:
- sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes
- top with additional parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add rinsed spinach leaves in batches.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until spinach is just wilted.
- Drain & rinse with cold water, making sure to squeeze out excess water.
- Meanwhile melt butter in skillet on stove top over medium heat.
- Once melted add cornstarch to form roux. Then add onions & garlic and cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add half & half, cream cheese, & parmesan cheese and stir till completely melted and creamy another 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, & nutmeg.
- Stir in wilted spinach, top with addition parmesan cheese & red chili pepper flakes if desired.