This Cheesy Zucchini Cilantro Casserole is an easy one pan dinner with layers of zucchini, onions, peppers, & cheese. Then add fresh cilantro to the mix taking this casserole from plain to a flavor sensation the whole family will love. Vegetarian & Gluten free.
Okay friends so let's talk EASY, tasty and dinner!
Who doesn't want that all in one sentence? Hey that's my favorite kind of dinner menu when it includes both EASY & TASTY!
So anytime I come up with a combination of flavors that has me SCREAMING for more I'm gonna be sharing.
And I can tell you for sure that casseroles are definitely HIGH UP ⇑ on my repeat lists.
Cause casseroles are just the classic comfort food and it doesn't get any better than knowing dinner is all in one pan awaiting you in the oven...ahhhh Yesss!
And for all you Cilantro lovers like me you definitely don't want to skimp on this.
Since in my opinion Cilantro is the star of this dish and hence Why I called it Cheesy Zucchini Cilantro Casserole.
So if you have an abundance of zucchini I would highly recommend getting some cilantro and making this.
You can vary the additional veggies in this, but the cilantro is not OPTIONAL...Well unless for some weird reason you don't like it.
And I can't even imagine...not trying judge but I guess there are people who don't care for it.
Not in our family though so I usually have some on hand which worked out great when I was experimenting with this recipe.
And since I'm also a big fan of mushrooms those get included in a lot of my casseroles as well.
So along with this Cheesy Zucchini Cilantro Casserole let me list a few more favorites...
- Black Bean Taco Casserole
- Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Spinach Mushroom Cheesy Rice Casserole
- Simple Mexican Casserole
Like I said, get versatile with the toppings. I added some extra onions at the end since we love onions! YUM!
Cheesy Zucchini Cilantro Casserole
- 2 medium zucchini rinsed and sliced into chunks
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack & cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- In large casserole dish layer the veggies starting with the zucchini on bottom.
- Then add red onion slices, bell pepper, mushrooms, cilantro, half garlic powder, salt & pepper, ending with cheese.
- Repeat layers again ending with tomatoes on top, cheese and cilantro.
- Cover and bake 40-50 minutes until zucchini can be pierced with fork*
Can be made ahead and re-heated.
Keeps well covered in fridge for up to five days.