This Lentil Bean Cucumber Salad is the perfect summer salad. Packed with protein from the lentils, and crunch from the cucumbers. Then dressed with a light vinaigrette(Vegan, Gluten Free).
Hello friends and Happy Monday to you!
Did everyone enjoy their Mom’s day weekend?
Whether you had breakfast in bed or just spent the day hanging out and appreciating all the fantastic Moms ….hoping it was an AMAZING day however you spent it!
And since I truly feel special everyday…Mother’s day is just one more reminder of how lucky I am to have such amazing now adult children and a wonderful husband who makes me feel special everyday 🙂
So on to the the Lentil Bean Cucumber Salad, cause this my friends is going make you smile.
Easy, tasty, healthy and make ahead.
Everything I enjoy all in one big bright colorful bowl!
Lentil beans I must tell you are definitely one of my favorite beans to cook with.
And I use them quite frequently in so many recipes.
Since they require no soaking ahead of time and they are loaded with so much protein and flavor they have definitely become my go to bean.
So making them the star of an easy summer salad was my next mission.
Cause bean salads are just the perfect addition to any meal or gathering! Well I actually can eat this just as a meal by itself.
Flavorful, filling and will keep you satisfied for hours.
And since it keeps well in the fridge and the flavors actually develop better after a few hours its the perfect make ahead meal.
But if you’re looking for other tasty ways to prepare lentils other than this Lentil Bean Cucumber Salad I have several listed here below…
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Lentils
- Lentil Sweet Potato Stew
- Lentil Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Lentil Chili
- Ultimate Vegetarian Lentil Loaf
And will be continuing to add to the the above list.
- 1½ cups dried green lentils
- large English Cucumber
- ¼ large red onion
- ½ pint of grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. capers
- optional: cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Rinse dried lentils and place in large sauce pan and cover lentils about 2 inches above beans.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook about 20 minutes until tender, making sure to check water as to not let them dry out.
- Remove from heat, drain, rinse and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add diced cucumber, chopped red onion, sliced grape tomatoes, capers and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile in small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, minced garlic, and mustard and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Can top with cilantro.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to five days.