Black Bean Mango Salsa Lettuce Wraps are fun, tasty and the perfect light dinner or lunch. Bibb lettuce is the perfect holder for this summery salsa. Vegan & Gluten Free.
Hello there friends!
Was your weekend relaxing and filled with lots of sunshine and fun?
Well the first half of the weekend here was a bit on the warm side and you basically just need to be in the comfort of some air conditioning….but it did cool off a bit for the second half.
So when it’s steamy hot outside it’s always nice when you don’t have to turn on the stove.
And these Black Bean Mango Salsa Lettuce Wraps are perfect for that…no stove required and minimal effort involved.
Cause as much as I love cooking…and eating…sometimes life just throws you a curve ball or a heat wave and you may just need a break.
And since my weekend kind of ended on a sad note these lettuce wraps are just the perfect recipe when you want something tasty, healthy, & quick.
While a lot of time I do find comfort in the kitchen. And creating recipes just brings me a little inner peace…
Sometimes it’s really quite Okay to just switch it up from time to time
So cheers to peace, happy memories, and being thankful for what you have in the moment.
Cause my friends life is really full of so many of those curve balls.
But I’m good with that…curve balls keep you in check and sometimes you just need those little reminders to help balance things out.
Okey-dokey Guys now I guess I should get back to the recipe at hand…cause that’s probably why you’re here. Not at all for my ramblings about life..Haha!
And since these Black Bean Mango Salsa Lettuce Wraps are….
- Healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare
- Perfect for the warmer temperatures
- Can easily be made ahead
- The salsa keeps well covered in the fridge for up to five days
- Perfect fun Way to switch up Taco Tuesday 🙂
- Vegan and Gluten Free
- 1 box or can of black beans 11-14 ounces
- 8 ounces of frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 mango diced
- generous handful of cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- poblano or jalapeno pepper chopped optional
- other optional toppings: avocado
- Bibb lettuce or Romaine lettuce leaves for stuffing
Rinse Black Beans and place in large mixing bowl.
Rinse frozen corn kernels and add to beans.
Add diced red onion, mango, cilantro, juice of lime, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper, and optional poblano or jalapeno pepper.
Mix well cover and refrigerate for up to five days.*
Rinse lettuce leaves and stuff with salsa.
* salsa tends to have more flavor after a couple hours so making ahead is a great idea