Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Squares are the perfect bite sized treat. Blueberries topped on a lightly sweetened crust that is both gluten free & refined sugar free. Followed by a creamy lighter cheesecake filling.
Blueberries and cream cheese just belong together!
Seriously Guys though sometimes it’s just a matter of pairing together the right flavors.
So I happily paired them together in these Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Squares that you can feel good about eating.
Anyway, sorry I missed you guys earlier this week. Been a little busy around the ole homestead!
Mainly just working on lots of new ideas and fun things to share with you guys.
But I didn’t want the week to go by without posting these Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Squares.
Cause guess what…? Cheesecake has always been one of my weaknesses and also a family favorite around here.
I made many a cheesecake on birthdays around here per request. Just ask my daughter Samantha, as that was always her favorite.
So I thought it was beyond over due to come up with a healthier version we could all feel good about indulging in.
Cause I believe a balanced healthy lifestyle is key.
So I try and include lots of veggies and fruits in my daily meal plans. Who am I kidding? I don’t do well at meal planning.
And also some form of exercise in my daily routine. You can actually check out a few of my favorite workouts here on the blog.
Hence do what makes sense for you and what works. I actually prefer to Run, weather permitting.
But anyway, since we’ll crave a little something decadent from time to time it’s good to have healthier options to go to.
And so I’m trying to share more of those on the blog even though I tend to go for the salty as opposed to sweet treats.
Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Squares are….
- A sweet treat you can feel good about indulging in
- Made with blueberries which may decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, & heart disease
- No added refined sugars
- Kid friendly
- Gluten Free
- Crust ingredients:
- 8-10 medjool dates**
- 2½ cups gluten free brown rice cereal
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- cream cheese topping:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounce bag of frozen wild blueberries for topping
- fresh blueberries for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crust directions:
- Place dates in food processor and pulse until they form into a ball.
- Remove and place in bowl.
- Add brown rice cereal to food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Add the date ball back to processor, along with coconut oil and pulse until everything is combined well.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in 9 x 9 pan and pour in crust filling.
- Press evenly down into pan and then place in fridge while making filling.
- Cream Cheese Filling directions:
- Place room temperature cream cheese in medium mixing bowl along with greek yogurt.
- Beat with hand mixer until light, fluffy, and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, and eggs and beat till combined.
- Place frozen blueberries on top of crust layer.
- Then pour cream cheese filling on top of blueberries.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes until set.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours prior to serving *
**make sure to remove pits from dates before putting in food processor.
Store in airtight container in fridge for up to five days.
Temperature ovens vary, make sure you go on low end of temperature. Somewhere between 325 and 350 degrees.