This Slow Cooker Pina Colada Oatmeal is like waking up to flavors of the tropics. Rolled Oats, Coconut milk and fresh Pineapple combined in an easy to prepare make ahead breakfast. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Hey and Happy Monday my friends!
And what better way to start off your week then with a big bowl of Yummy tropical flavors!
Cause the flavors of the tropics…aka..Pina Colada, just remind me of Happy thoughts 🙂
Such as lounging on a beach or out by the pool.
As long as I can remember they have always been one of my favorite Frou-Frou drinks as my hubbie likes to call them.
But to be honest I haven’t had one in years and thought it would be fun to create all the same flavors in this Slow Cooker Pina Colada Oatmeal.
So if you’re a fan of the flavors of Pina Colada or even the tropics give this one a try.
And let me tell you this will also make your house smell AMAZ-ing.
Waking up to the aroma of the tropics in your kitchen is something I definitely would recommend.
Well other then actually being there absorbing all the wonderful vitamin D’s and sipping on a cool tropical drink.
Okay, can I be there now! Haha!
But then again, waking up to breakfast READY to go is always a win win in my opinion. So we’ll just roll with that one.
Especially since I don’t see a tropical vacation in the near future.
And that’s seriously okay cause I’m really good with creating my own paradise right here in my kitchen with a big bowl of this Slow Cooker Pina Colada Oatmeal.
So what’s your favorite way to relax, unwind and create your paradise like moment?
Slow Cooker Pina Colada Oatmeal is…
- All the flavors of a Pina Colada in your Oatmeal
- Like waking up to the Tropics
- Easy, make ahead breakfast
- Paradise in a bowl
- Did I say EASY
- No refined sugars
- Gluten Free & Vegan
Slow Cooker Pina Colada Oatmeal
- 2 cups Gluten Free Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk full fat
- 2 3/4 cups vanilla almond milk unsweetened*
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp. rum extract
- 2 cups fresh chopped pineapple plus more for topping
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Optional toppings:
- extra coconut and pineapple
- coconut cream whipped**
- banana slices
- almond slices
- Place all of the above ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
- Set on low setting for approximately 6-7 hours.
- Serve with optional toppings.
**If making coconut cream just make sure to refrigerate at least 8 hours prior to whipping and use full fat.