This Slow Cooker Lentil Soup is the perfect bowl of warm comfort food that includes a healthy dose of veggies. And since it’s easily made in the slow cooker you can just prep dinner in the morning and be done. Top it with extra chopped kale for added nutrition, texture & flavor. Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan, Healthy.
So if you’re like me, knowing that dinner is solved early in the day is like a big bonus….
Especially since it’s pretty much something you have to figure out on a daily basis when you’re an adult.
And when you can have it slowly cooking all day then even better…
Kinda like that feeling you’d get as a kid waking up on Christmas morning… no worries…. and you just know it’s gonna be an awesome day.
Two of my favorites that I make on the repeat.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER LENTIL SOUP
It’s really pretty easy and basically just involves dicing up a few veggies. And since lentils don’t require pre soaking you can prep everything the same day.
Then you’ll just throw it all in the slow cooker and go about the day.
INGREDIENTS FOR SLOW COOKER LENTIL SOUP
- Green lentils
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Vegetable broth
- Optional- chopped kale
Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low setting about 7-8 hours or high setting on the slow cooker for approximately 5 hours.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT
HOW TO STORE LENTIL SOUP
It will last approximately a week stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Make sure to cool prior to storing.
For longer storage you can freeze it in freezer safe containers for several months.
OTHER LENTIL RECIPES TO TRY….
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 large carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar- optional
- 1 cup kale chopped- optional
- Chop onion, carrots, celery and garlic and set aside.
- Rinse the lentils and remove any bad ones.
- Place all of the above ingredients in the slow cooker reserving vinegar and kale till end.
- Cook on low setting 8 hours or high setting 5 hours.
- optional- add balsamic vinegar and chopped kale to soup and stir prior to serving.