Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats are a healthy easy to prep breakfast or snack that tastes like dessert! These vegan overnight oats have all of the flavors of apple pie and are the perfect fall treat!
Apple overnight oats are great to have on hand for a ready to go quick breakfast or snack.
Another easy breakfast idea we love are these Healthy Breakfast Cookies.
And you'll only need a few ingredients & about 5 minutes prep for a delicious guilt free snack or breakfast ready to go the next day!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick, healthy and only a few ingredients
- Great for a ready to go tasty breakfast or snack
- Vegan, gluten free and made without refined sugars
- Tastes like the flavors of the perfect fall apple pie
Apple Cinnamon overnight oats ingredients based on what I used and had on hand with some recommended substitutions.
- Rolled oats- I don't recommend using quick oats for this recipe and make sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Cashew milk- any unsweetened plant based milk will work for these but my personal favorites are cashew and almond milk.
- Apples- organic honey crisp apples were used or you can substitute with your favorite apple.
- Almond butter- creamy almond butter or any nut butters would work.
- Maple syrup- you can substitute with honey but it won't be vegan friendly.
- Chia seeds- optional but recommended for a great source of plant based protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cinnamon ground- Ceylon cinnamon recommended.
How to make apple cinnamon overnight oats
This is just a quick overview of how to make apple overnight oats. Full printable directions can be found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Step 1: Add rolled oats, milk of choice and remaining ingredients to a large mason jar. Reserve some chopped apples for topping.
Step 2: Stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Variations and add ins
- Top it with chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds or any crunchy nuts
- Swap the cashew milk with almond, oat or regular milk if you don't need dairy free
- Get creative with the toppings you have on hand... Chocolate chunks are also a great topping.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and drizzle with extra nut butter.
Yes! I prefer to eat them cold but they can be warmed on the stovetop on low heat for several minutes till warmed through. Make sure to put some additional milk in the pan with the oats prior to warming.
In a glass covered container in the fridge for up to five days. Add extra toppings right before serving.
Yes! Simply store them in individual portions in freezer safe containers. Freeze only the oats, milk and maple syrup. Add additional ingredients when serving.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats- gluten free
- 1 ¼ cups cashew milk- unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 medium to small apple cut into bite size chunks
- Put oats in bottom of jar or container that has cover.
- Add cashew milk, almond butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, apples and cinnamon reserving a little apple for toppings.
- Stir everything together, seal jar and place the fridge overnight.
- Next day open jar, stir and Enjoy!
Updated from November 2016