Almond Butter Apple Overnight Oats are a great combination of flavors that make an easy go to breakfast or snack for anyone short on time. Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free.
So if you haven't tried the whole Overnight Oats thing yet you're probably a little bit skeptical like I was. Who expects to throw some goodies in jar and leave it overnight? And then---> get up the next day to a Yummy tasty breakfast.
Well I can tell you I was, but not anymore. Of course I've never really been a big oatmeal eater either, but I thought since these aren't cooked and I can mix them with all my favorites maybe I could be on board.
You know kind like your favorite Oatmeal cookie in a jar already dunked in the milk only probably a lot healthier.
Now apples on the other hand have always been my favorite go to breakfast dipped in a little almond butter...at least since becoming somewhat of a responsible adult it has. And when I say responsible I mean taking charge of my own health.
And that means making better food choices which for the most part I think I do. Okay, I do have an occasional weak moment. Who Doesn't? Right? Uhmm mine usually revolve around do I really need to eat that whole container of dip in two days. Maybe not?
What is your favorite go to breakfast? Healthy or Not? The way I see it if you can pronounce all the ingredients in what you're eating, then yeah Probably Okay.
At least that's a good guideline for me. That and including mostly whole foods in my diet. Not as hard as you may think.
Almond Butter Apple Overnight Oats are:
- Healthy, tasty, quick to prepare
- Customizable to suit your tastes
- Grab and go portable breakfast or snack
- You can tell the children it's like eating a cookie...haha!
Almond Butter Apple Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 ¾ cups Almond Coconut Milk unsweetened*
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon divided
- 1 medium to small apple cut into bite size chunks
- Put oats in bottom of jar or container that has cover.
- Add almond milk, almond butter, and cinnamon reserving a little to garnish tops of apple.
- Top with apples and garnish with cinnamon.
- Seal jar and place the fridge overnight.
- Next day open jar, stir and Enjoy!