These Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are easy to make in one bowl and require no kneading. Cheesy, buttery, & light drop biscuits that go perfect with any meal. Gluten Free, Low Carb.
So let me just start by saying "these Cheddar Biscuits are seriously great for almost any occasion".
Whether you serve them as a side on your dinner plate or even with a salad for a quick healthy lunch.
Cause they're light, cheesy and go perfectly with any meal or even as a snack.....
Plus these biscuits are low carb ... so you can actually feel good about eating one or two.
And since you guys have been really loving these Coconut Flour Cheesy Biscuits here on AFCJ....
So I thought I'd share another cheese biscuit recipe using almond flour as the base.
Both almond flour & coconut flour are great choices for gluten free baking....
And also good if you're trying to follow a low carb diet.
How do I make these Cheddar Biscuits?
They're easy to mix up in the food processor.
Start by pulsing your dry ingredients together with the cold butter then add eggs, and sour cream.
Once it's all combined just add the shredded cheese and give a quick pulse.
Drop the biscuits using an ice cream scoop on a parchment lined baking sheet.
And that's it.... you can have these biscuits ready in less then 20 minutes.
Tips for making the best biscuits:
- Make sure the butter is cold
- Blend the dry ingredients with the butter before adding the rest
- Shred your own cheese....
- Don't buy the already shredded bags
- Use a good quality sharp cheddar
- And use full fat sour cream
- Wet the ice cream scoop with a little water for easier release
How to store these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits:
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
For longer storage you can freeze these biscuits in a freezer safe bag for several months.
Can be eaten cold right out of the fridge or warm for about 10 minutes in a 225 degree oven.
Other biscuit recipes to try.....
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream- full fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, dried parsley, and butter to food processor and pulse till combined and crumbly.
- Then add eggs and sour cream and pulse again till thoroughly incorporated.
- Next add shredded cheddar cheese and give a quick pulse till combined.
- Use ice cream scoop to get equal portions and spoon on to lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes till lightly browned.