These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are creamy, easy & delicious. And best of all, you just put the potatoes in the slow cooker and forget them. Gluten Free, Easy.
Updated- this was originally posted January 2016
And who doesn't love some creamy mashed potatoes?? I mean REALLY... they're truly the purest form of comfort food I can think of.
Why Make SLOW COOKER MASHED POTATOES?
Simply put... it's just such a time saver! And one less thing to think about come dinner time.
And an added bonus is... I absolutely love the smell of these garlicky potatoes cooking...Yess please 😀
Especially perfect around the holidays when you're trying to make a gazillion different sides all at once and not enough burners to go around. 😆
So this should be more then enough reasons to put these slow cooker mashed potatoes on the MUST try list!
So anywho, you may wanna go ahead and pin this recipe below so you'll have it handy for the holidays... or even when you're just trying to get an early start on dinner.
And Mashed Potatoes are most definitely a family favorite with any meal.
But seriously... I hope you get a chance to try this mashed potatoes. And if you make these please be sure to COMMENT below with a star rating.
Need more easy SLOW COOKER ideas:
Until next time- xoxox
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 medium/large red potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cup half & half divided
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt*
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 2 tbsp. butter plus ½ tsp. for slow cooker
- 2 ounces cream cheese**
- Optional toppings: Chives
- Lightly grease slow cooker with about ½ tsp. butter. Place the first seven ingredients in the slow cooker and combine. Reserving ½ cup half & half for the end. Cook on high heat 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add butter, cream cheese, ½ cup half & half. Mash with fork or potato masher until potatoes are smooth and creamy.