These Slow Cooker Baked Beans are smoky, slowly cooked and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. An Easy recipe for the Best Baked Beans without any added refined sugars. Vegan, & Gluten Free.
Alrighty, I know it’s October and you’re thinking Baked Beans? Shouldn’t it be all things pumpkin. 😆
But just hear me out on this one….more pumpkin recipes are coming soon….
Along with the Pumpkin muffins posted last month.
And since baked beans are usually at a lot of our family functions…ya know Thanksgiving, Christmas…. I figured it was TOTALLY acceptable to be sharing them in October! 😉
Cause I’m sure you don’t reserve ice cream for only the summer months 😆 Well then these baked beans really deserve a place on the table year round too.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Baked Beans?
Mainly cause of the ease of just throwing it all in there and letting it do it’s thing.
Plus not to mention the aroma in your house while they cook all day.
So let’s talk all about the awesome flavor now… These beans are smoky, thick, and with just the perfect amount of sweetness that balances it all out.
No reason not to add these to the dinner rotation year round…cause these baked beans belong at all your gatherings not only the summer BBQ’s… 😆
And here are some tips for making the Best Baked Beans:
- Try to buy dried beans from a market that has a quick turn around on them
- Since… using old beans can cause them to not cook properly
- When soaking beans overnight they should absorb a lot of the liquid…
- If not then they are probably not fresh & will never cook 🙁 so move on..don’t need crunchy beans 😆
- Wait till the beans are finished cooking before adding the salt & pepper
Anywho, there you have it… the Best Ever Slow Cooker Baked Beans and tips to make them successfully! 😀
And if you make these Slow Cooker Baked Beans please make sure to comment below and rate the recipe!
Until Next time- xoxo
Slow Cooker Maple Baked Beans (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 lb. dried northern beans
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbps. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-soak the beans overnight (at least 8 hours) in cold water at least 2 inches above the beans.
- Discard soaking water, rinse beans and pick out any duds.
- Place rinsed beans and remaining ingredients in slow cooker reserving salt & pepper till the end.
- Stir to combine, cover and cook on High 6 hours until beans are tender.