This Asparagus Salad is packed with lots of great veggies and makes the perfect, easy summer time meal. Tender roasted asparagus & cauliflower top off this delicious one bowl dinner or lunch (Gluten Free).
Updated- originally posted July 2016
And since salads are something you can make last minute using veggies that are readily available in the fridge, they quite often become some of my go to dinners.
Even more perfect for anyone like me who is not the best at meal planning. 😆
But no one’s complaining in this household….. Especially the hubby! He’s always loved a good salad so that’s something I continue to get creative with.
Plus this is a fun or should I say interesting way to use what you have on hand and make it into something you would want to share. 😀 And the star of this salad just happens to be the roasted asparagus & cauliflower!
Cause roasting these veggies just adds to the over all flavor and texture of the salad.
And some how Easy One bowl dinners seem to always do it for me. So many advantages to this whole one bowl thing ➡ less to clean up for sure…. not to mention cleaning out your fridge.
Which also saves some of these wonderful fresh looking veggies from making their way to the compost pile.
Another great one bowl dinner to try is Parmesan Grilled Zoodles. You don’t even have to turn on the stove for this one. Now who doesn’t love that in the summer time. 😉
So anywho if you’re looking to clean out the fridge, prepare a tasty, simple dinner then Why not give this Roasted Asparagus & Cauliflower Salad a go.
Since Asparagus Salad is…….
- Loaded with flavorful roasted asparagus & cauliflower
- An easy One Bowl dinner or lunch
- Less cleanup
- Great way to get your veggies in
- Packed with protein rich chickpeas
- Delicious leftover for a quick lunch
- Gluten Free
Roasted Asparagus & Cauliflower Salad (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen asparagus spears can use fresh
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 box or can chickpeas 11-14 ounces
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 6 grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Put cauliflower florets in medium mixing bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and toss well.
- Place asparagus spears on baking pan and brush with remaining olive oil. Put cauliflower on pan with asparagus. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in preheated oven and cook 25-30 minutes turning at least once.
- Meanwhile place rinsed chick peas in salad bowl. Top with asparagus, cauliflower, onion, grape tomatoes.
- Pour juice of lime and drizzle of olive oil on top and mix lightly.
- Top with feta cheese