Loaded Potato Salad is really a complete meal on its own. It can definitely stand alone or become the star at your next cookout. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Potato Salad is definitely one of my husbands favorite foods. So I wanted to come up with a recipe that would truly incorporate everything he loves into one bowl...Well except for me of course. Haha!
Most of the time it seems like potato salad is just another one of those little lonely sides at gatherings. And you're pretty much going to see the same things..Nothing wrong with that for sure but I wanted to take it to the next level.
I wanted it to outshine the slaw, baked beans, and grandmas mac & cheese that has been passed down from generation to generation. Sorry Grandma... 🙁
You know<--- not only with flavors but, texture, color, and some of those little good for you elements you're always trying to sneak in when you can.
Whether it be the garlic, celery, or even my new favorite add in Turmeric. Although this Loaded Potato Salad is packed with good for you nutrients, it's definitely not lacking awesome flavors.
And if you're planning a family gathering for this upcoming Labor Day Holiday this could be a great addition to the menu.
I kind of have mixed emotional feelings about Labor Day. It's almost like saying goodbye to all the little outdoor gatherings, beach trips, and pool parties...Not that I really do a lot of that anymore. But you get me, Right?
Then on the other hand Fall is one of my favorite seasons with cool crisp air coming in and all the leaves changing.
And let's not forget the peaceful feeling it somehow brings just watching that. What is your favorite season or time of year?
I think growing up even though I dreaded the whole going back to school thing...Fall was just a different kind of fun..Football season, Halloween and all the upcoming Holidays.
Finding pleasure in every season is truly what makes it all worth while 🙂
And this Loaded Potato Salad is:
- Simple to prepare.
- Great at cookouts and gatherings.
- Holiday worthy and Family approved.
Loaded Potato Salad
- 4-5 medium/large red potatoes
- 6 ounces peas & carrots frozen blend rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 radishes chopped *
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs divided
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup greek yogurt full fat
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika and additional dill weed
- Scrub red potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in pot of water covering potatoes by at least 2 inches.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to medium.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove from stove and drain. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add diced celery, peas & carrots, red onion, chopped radishes, garlic, and 2 chopped hard boiled eggs to large bowl.
- Add slightly cooled potatoes.
- In separate bowl combine dressing ingredients, mayo, yogurt, spices, vinegar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix well and pour over potato mixture. Combine potato mixture with dressing then top salad with additional sliced radishes, other 2 sliced hard boiled eggs and garnish with paprika, additional dill weed.