This is a classic Spring Potato Salad that has only a few ingredients. It's perfect for any of your family gatherings or cookouts. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Potato salad is one of those things that are kind of personal. So a lot people have different versions and ideas about what they like and don't like in their potato salad.
For me I like to use onions and garlic in about everything I can. I also like the fact that the garlic and onions are not cooked.
As much as I love the taste of sautéed garlic in food, the health benefits from eating garlic raw are much greater.
If you're an onion and garlic lover like we are then I'm sure you will love this recipe for Spring Potato Salad.
It goes great with so many things, especially a tasty Portabella Mushroom Burger or whatever else you may be throwing on the grill. So many options when it comes to serving up a great dish of potato salad.
This is something I usually make a big bowl of since it keeps well in the fridge for about a week. I usually don't keep leftovers much longer than that but I can tell you with this potato salad it usually doesn't make it a week.
So why not try this one for your next grill out. You can always make it up ahead to save time.
This Spring Potato Salad has many reasons for you to add this to your next gathering or cookout:
- Easy to prepare and can be made ahead
- Only requires a few ingredients
- Goes great with almost anything or even alone
- Family friendly
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Spring Potato Salad
- 2-21/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dill weed plus some for topping
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- couple dashes of hot sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika for topping
- fresh parsley optional
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite size chunks. Place potatoes in large pot of salted water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook potatoes until fork tender about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile place celery, red onion, and garlic into bottom of large bowl. After the potatoes have cooled slightly place them on top of the celery, onion, and garlic. Combine well.
- In separate bowl add remaining ingredients and stir. Pour over potato mixture and gently combine.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Top with generous amount of paprika and dill weed.
- Top with fresh parsley