Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Casserole is the perfect, tasty satisfying side to any meal. Would be great to serve with the upcoming Thanksgiving Menu. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
So as we're starting out the first week of November I'm thinking Thanksgiving..Christmas..and all the yummy food we'll be consuming. Probably more than we really should. Haha!
But that's what the Holidays are for my friend..Right? Eating great food and spending quality time with family and friends.
Hence, I'm bringing you one more thing to add to the table. This totally, easy to prepare Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Casserole.
It's Cornbread taken to the next level. And really without a lot of extra effort.
You can actually make this ahead of time and just re-heat the day of.. Cause you know I want to make it as easy as possible for you guys 🙂
The holidays should not be stressful and I plan on just resorting to all my favorite recipes right here to prepare for it.
So anyway, I hope you've been enjoying your week thus far and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Do you have any exciting plans for the first weekend of November? I know..me neither.
Well then why not test this one out and think about adding it to your menu?
Let me know what you think if you try this.
And also if you're looking for any certain types of recipes on this blog I would love to know. Cause like I said, I'm here to help and if you're Happy, I am.
Now let me share with you all the reasons you may want to make this Casserole:
- It's cornbread and casserole all in one pan
- Easy to prepare with minimal effort involved
- Family friendly and kid approved
- Perfect for the upcoming Holidays
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Casserole
- 8 ounces frozen corn kernels rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup half & half cream
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt full fat
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced peperoncini
- 4 ounces cheese of choice I used white cheddar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 ½ cups GF Oat flour*
- ¾ tbsp. GF baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease casserole pan with butter.
- Combine corn, onions, peperoncini, cheese, beaten eggs, garlic powder, salt & pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile pour half & half , yogurt and dotted cream cheese in small sauce pan on stove top over medium low heat. Just slightly melt cream cheese to combine.
- Add to corn mixture.
- In separate small bowl mix dry ingredients, then fold into corn mixture.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish and bake 30 minutes.
servings are based on size you cut pieces