Cauliflower Tortilla Mushroom Quesadilla is stuffed full of mushrooms and cheese. The tortilla is made with cauliflower making it a low carb option. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Yessss, back to the Cauliflower madness as promised. These Cauliflower Tortilla Mushroom Quesadillas are sooo good. And because it's cauliflower you won't have to feel guilty about eating the whole thing.
Hence quesadillas made from cauliflower are just pure, unbelievably, great tasting, guilt- free treats!
You're probably thinking...has she lost her mind? Now that's another story..Haha. Maybe, but really they're made out of cauliflower. Just more bang for your buck 🙂 REAL food, REAL Nutrients!
But most of all I want to feel good about what I'm eating without compromising flavors. Cauliflower is just one of those veggies that does that. Of course it doesn't hurt layering it between all that cheesy mushroom goodness.
Because of its mild flavor it easily compliments so many other foods. With that being said, make sure to grab some cauliflower during your next grocery run.
I can see you making quesadillas, casseroles, pizza, bread, etc. etc out of it.
What is the most unique dish you created with a head of cauliflower? I'm always looking for interesting and different ideas.
Also scouting the internet all day for ideas can really take a toll on the ole brain power. Needless to say I really don't have that kind of time anyway.
Some days I just want to sit back on the deck and watch the leaves Fall. It reminds me of new and exciting changes and consequently bringing new recipes to the blog.
Happy new week and give these quesadillas a try!
Cauliflower Tortilla Mushroom Quesadilla are:
- Made from whole food ingredients
- Keeps covered in fridge for up to a week
- Fillings customizable
- Kid friendly and portable(they wont' even know they're eating cauliflower)
Cauliflower Tortilla Mushroom Quesadilla
- 4 Cauliflower Tortillas*
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 ounce bag of frozen mixed mushrooms**
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups of cheddar & mozzarella cheese shredded combined
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and red chili pepper flakes.
- Cook about 8-10 more minutes and set aside.
- Place cauliflower tortillas on baking sheet and top two of them with mushroom mixture, then cheese.
- Place other half of tortilla on top.
- Put in preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully turn over and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.
- Optional: can top with parsley, sour cream, yogurt
**can use any combination of fresh mushrooms/ I used about half the bag of frozen mushrooms.