Cauliflower Cheddar Protein Squares are great as a quick lunch or snack anytime. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
I don't know about you, but anytime I can just grab a snack or a quick bite for lunch I'm all about it. These Cauliflower Cheddar Protein Squares actually started out as another plan and ended up being converted into tasty little squares.
Sometimes I have great ideas for a new recipe and then realize oh nooo.... don't have the main ingredient. That's no fun I assure you.
So most of the time I'll just work with what I have on hand and hope for the best. This one actually worked out!
Cauliflower is one of the main staples I usually have readily available. It's one of those veggies I can keep in the fridge for a little while without it making its way to the compost pile---< Fresh Herbs not so much.
I'm all about creating as many easy and tasty bites with whole food ingredients. Just by keeping a good supply of healthy snacks readily available makes life so much easier. When you have those grab and go kind you're not as tempted to make bad choices.
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks you like to have available at all times?
Personally, I'm more of a salty than sweet person...Haha, just ask my husband. But no kidding I prefer chips and dip anytime over a sweet treat.
Probably a good thing since I've tried to remove refined sugar out of my diet. If I crave something sweet I will usually just eat an apple or some other fruit. But to be quite honest, I really don't crave sugar too much anymore.
Now give me a plate of these Cauliflower Cheddar Protein Squares and life could get dangerous 🙂
- Salty not Sweet
- Love anything with cauliflower
- Easy to grab and go
Cauliflower Cheddar Protein Squares
- 1 small/medium head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 green onions ⅓ cup finely chopped
- 13 ounces can or box of chick peas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbps. fresh chopped parsley
- 4-6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup greek yogurt full fat
- 5 eggs divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven 375 degrees and lightly grease casserole pan.
- Steam cauliflower florets about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Add cauliflower to food processor and pulse till rice like. Add rinsed chick peas and pulse again until blended.
- Add cauliflower and chick pea mixture to medium bowl.
- Add 3 eggs, green onions, parsley, yogurt, cheddar cheese, salt & pepper and red chili pepper flakes. Combine well.
- In separate bowl add 2 egg whites and beat until stiff. Gently fold into the cauliflower mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish and Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Can be kept in covered container in fridge for up to a week.