This Skillet Baked Polenta Goat Cheese Pizza is baked in a skillet and then topped with fresh veggies. Vegetarian, Gluten free, and could easily be Vegan.
Hey Guys and Happy New Week to you!
And who doesn’t love a tasty easy to prepare one skillet dinner? Plus it involves pizza, so what’s not to love?
Hence if you’ve been a regular reader here you know I love Pizza. You’ve probably seen my numerous variations of it on here. Oh, and if you’re a regular here THANKS!
Because without you guys here it wouldn’t be near as much fun.
While I started this blog to mainly share my creations I soon began to realize it was a great outlet to help explore my creativity in the kitchen.
Bonus..Hopefully I’m bringing useful and tasty recipes to your Family as well.
Anyway I hope you all enjoyed a lovely and relaxing weekend. Nothing special going on around my neck of the woods…Well other than the absolutely gorgeous February weather we’ve been experiencing.
I seriously can’t remember the last time we’ve had 80 degree weather in February.
But anyway not going get to comfortable with it just yet..cause I know Ole man winter can still lay a punch on in March. I guess I wouldn’t be to disappointed if I got to see a few snow flakes before the Spring.
And with all the plants starting to bloom and things starting to spring it has me thinking about more salads.
So be looking to see a lot more of that in the near future. Of course I’d love to know what you’re interested is seeing so please feel free to drop me a comment below.
As far as Easy, tasty skillet dinners, let me share some of the highlights of this Skillet Baked Polenta Goat Cheese Pizza:
- Well EASY of course
- Can be customized with all of your favorite toppings
- Skillet bakes are just Way more fun
- Great way to easily get your Veggies in
- Also makes a great brunch idea
- Pretty as well so could be great for entertaining
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free, and Vegan option available
- Polenta Crust:
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups water
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Optional toppings:
- 1 tomato
- 1 red bell pepper
- handful of black olives
- 1 medium zucchini *
- ¼ red onion
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and lightly spray cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Meanwhile for the polenta crust bring 3 cups of water to boil in saucepan on stove top with ½ tsp. salt.
- When it starts to boil slowly add the polenta and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook stirring frequently about 25-30 minutes until it becomes really thick.
- Remove from heat and add olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Spoon polenta into skillet and press down into pan making an even crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with optional ingredients.
- Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes.
While crust is baking can cut up other ingredients for topping pizza with.
I made this one a thin crust pizza since that's what I prefer but if you want more of a thick pan crust just double the polenta recipe above.