Cherry Jalapeno Spinach Salad is light, easy, and the perfect summer salad. Bursting with sweet cherries, spicy jalapeno and all topped on a bed of spinach. Then lightly dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette(Gluten free with Vegan option).
Hey there and Happy Thursday to you! Oh and also Happy August to you 🙂
Might as well cover them all while I have your attention with these BIG beautiful cherries.
Are you guys cherry lovers? I hope so cause this Cherry Jalapeno Spinach Salad is sure to become one of your new favorite ways to eat them.
So I don’t know about where you guys live, but I rarely come across fresh organic cherries when I’m out shopping.
And as I was doing one of my weekly shopping trips recently, I stumbled across these big luscious looking beauties.
Being the foodie that I am even though I didn’t have a plan for what I was going to do with them(well other than eat them), they immediately went in my cart.
Pretty sure the hubby was thinking…”Hope she has some kind of plan for these”.
Okay, Okay I know I’m guilty of sometimes losing some produce occasionally. Stuff happens!
But I had ever intention of making sure these cherries ended up on the menu real soon.
Even though I’m sure we have some critters in the back yard that are forever grateful for my lost produce.
And of course that always makes me feel better to feed the hungry varmints. So not a total waste, compost and feeding the hungry.
Plus, this Cherry Jalapeno Spinach salad is….
- Easy to prepare, tasty, and loaded with lots of nutrients
- Cherries also support Healthy Sleep since they contain a natural melatonin
- Another added bonus for cherries is they may help reduce belly fat
- And Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, and numerous other vitamins
- Gluten Free & Vegan option available
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cups sliced fresh cherries
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced*
- Gorgonzola cheese for topping
- dressing ingredients:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dressing instructions:
- Place all of the above dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Cover and shake well. Refrigerate till ready to use.**
- Place on salad ingredients on plates and top with optional cheese and salad dressing.
**dressing best made up ahead prior to serving(at least 45 minutes)